Seminar Facilitator (contract)
New York, New York /
Programs - Policy /
About the Orgs
Future Now Fund elects the next generation of America’s state leaders to achieve America’s Goals, a legislative blueprint for our nation’s renewal. Future Now Action helps state lawmakers achieve meaningful results through a policy library with model bills, a national network of peers and experts, cutting-edge state-level research, and personalized support. FNF/FNA offers a fast-paced environment focused on using the best available tools and resources to achieve our mission of building state legislative power to improve Americans’ lives. We encourage you to find out more about the organizations’ values here.
Future Now Action seeks a Seminar Facilitator to deliver engaging and substantive presentations and workshops on policy agenda development to state lawmakers around the country. The Seminar Facilitator will serve in a consulting role, working on an as-needed basis for 1-2 day engagements to deliver seminars to groups of 10-75 state lawmakers and their staff. FNA’s Seminars program helps these leaders develop policy initiatives, gain insight into national trends in policymaking, and build capacity in their field.
The Seminar Facilitator will be responsible for delivering seminars based on materials, tutorials, and other content provided by the FNA policy team.
The ideal candidate will be a confident facilitator with relevant policy or political experience that allows them to understand and have credibility with state lawmakers in speaking to the contexts in which they work. This person will represent FNA to audiences that are essential to the organization’s mission, and should therefore be enthusiastic about FNA’s mission and goals and excited to work closely with the FNA team. We hire consultants who embody our organizations’ values.
We value diversity at Future Now Action and Future Now Fund. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
- Lead dynamic and engaging seminars for state lawmakers using the FNA curriculum, sometimes during evening and/or weekend hours
- Ensure curriculum fidelity by facilitating the curriculum as designed, participating in ongoing community of practice activities, and developing a mastery of the content
- Collaborate with FNA to ensure all seminar facilitators are building mastery through coaching, and occasional observation of additional facilitators
- Maintain a working knowledge of policy and state legislative developments, staying current and adapting materials based on updated information from FNA
- Engage with state lawmakers upon arrival at the seminar, utilizing breaks and mealtimes as opportunities for service and individual engagement
- Plan and coordinate with co-leads of seminars to determine the best presenters by module and to discuss other curriculum needs before/throughout the seminar
- Maintain accurate seminar data, including attendance rosters, evaluations, debriefs, and other reporting documents
- Aid in ongoing program development and stay current on curriculum updates, attending training sessions, participating in peer reviews, and providing feedback to the FNA Programs team
- Utilize networks to bring resources and referrals to FNA to support program success
- Set up tech and materials on-site
- Occasionally receive and transport materials to seminar sites
- Passion for the mission
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Belief in and embodiment of a culture of mission first, optimism, commitment to the truth, compassion, and integrity as FNF/FNA realize those through the organizations’ values
- No job too small mindset
- High emotional intelligence
- Extremely well organized
- Customer service orientation
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to exercise excellent judgment while handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to think on your feet
- Strong ability to communicate in person and as a presentation facilitator
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- A drive to make things happen
- Capable of independently managing time
- Ability to articulately explain FNA and FNF work and represent the organization to external audiences
- Ability to travel to state capitals and availability to travel on 3-4 weeks’ notice
- Policy or political experience that enables you to comfortably and confidently speak with state lawmakers and legislative staff about their experiences
- 3-5 years of experience as a trainer, presenter, facilitator, or public speaker
- Proficient with PowerPoint
Seminar Facilitators are compensated $500-800 per day, depending on experience. In addition, travel costs (flights, local transportation, meals, accommodation) will be paid for by FNA.
This is a consulting role with FNA and can be based anywhere in the country. Travel is required to NYC and state capitals. Evening and weekend hours are often required to fulfill the duties of this position.