Director, Product Management (Remote)
New York, New York /
Communications and Marketing /
The Future Now umbrella includes The States Project (TSP) and The Lawmaker Network (TLN). Its initiatives focus on improving Americans’ lives by winning state legislative majorities and working with them to achieve goals for the common good.
Future Now offers a fast-paced environment focused on using the best available tools and
resources to build state legislative power to improve Americans’ lives. We encourage you to
find out more about the organizations’ values here.
Future Now is seeking a Director, Product Management, which is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Vice President, Communications & Marketing. This position will be responsible for designing and delivering a long-term product vision for FN, and building or leveraging scalable products that help the organizations achieve their missions.
This person will be the organizations’ primary technology champion – they should be comfortable evangelizing technology internally and externally. The Director of Product will lead technical direction by charting our vision for the future and building upon our existing product foundation. They will work closely with individual teams to understand their goals and achieve them by overseeing the building of valuable tools, applications and services.
This position will also evaluate and utilize appropriate external products, platforms and vendors. They should be familiar with existing campaign, community, recruiting and mobilization tools and be savvy with hiring and managing contractors and vendors.
In addition to owning and executing the product vision, the Director of Product will be responsible for building, managing, documenting, and championing a good workflow process internally.
Candidates should have an inquisitive approach to understanding the power and limitations of technology, and will bring an innovative sensibility to how FN should build or use excellent products. The Director is a great product manager. They naturally understand the necessity of prioritization, the balance of pursuing innovation while establishing product maturity and thrive within constraints by figuring out clever and cost-effective solutions.
We value diversity at Future Now. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer people, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
- Design product requirements through discussions with leadership and departments to establish the product vision for the organization
- Define, maintain and execute on the organization’s product roadmap including working across teams to establish prioritization
- Manage existing vendors including the customized Giving Circle platform and existing web agency for public facing sites
- Offer a technical understanding of Google Workspace, domain registration, and DNS configuration
- Directly manage and hire engineering support to execute builds for WordPress, Nationbuilder, and other relevant products
- Creatively use quantitative data analysis and qualitative user research tactics to understand how FN products are performing with key audiences and iterate on them for greater impact as well as establishing new product opportunities
- Establish requirements and success metrics for major initiatives including implementing common user research tactics
- Identify new opportunities where technology can help with FN programmatic goals, both internally and externally
- Passion for the mission
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Comfortable with the product development workflow and can work nimbly within constraints (remote staff, limited budgets, short timelines)
- Has experience organizing and leading user research projects from start to finish
- Understands the power of both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Experience identifying and managing contractors, vendors, and consultants to execute a vision with limited personnel
- Superb organizational skills
- A drive to make things happen
- No task is too small attitude
- Ability to anticipate problems before they occur
- High emotional intelligence
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and in person
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment while handling sensitive and confidential information
- Capable of independently managing time and tasks associated with a fast-paced, remote organization
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, specifically the ability to build trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Ability to explain FN work and represent the organization to external audiences
- Customer service orientation
- At least four years in a prior senior product role
This is a full-time, exempt position; remote candidates will be considered and are encouraged to apply. Limited travel may be required.
Future Now currently offers a competitive benefits package, including an unlimited paid time off policy, 75% paid coverage of medical, dental, and vision for individuals and families, access to a 401(k) plan, annual professional development and work from home reimbursement stipend, and 12 weeks of paid family leave. The salary range for this position is $130,000-$150,000 per year.