National Partnerships Director
New York, New York /
About the Orgs
Future Now Fund elects the next generation of America’s state leaders to achieve America’s Goals, a legislative blueprint for our nation’s renewal. Future Now Action helps state lawmakers achieve meaningful results through a policy library with model bills, a national network of peers and experts, cutting-edge state-level research, and personalized support. FNF/FNA offers a fast-paced environment focused on using the best available tools and resources to achieve our mission of building state legislative power to improve Americans’ lives. We encourage you to find out more about the organizations’ values here.
The National Partnerships Director will spearhead Future Now Fund & Future Now Action’s engagement strategy with national partners. This includes building, shepherding, and ensuring successful relationships with national political, policy, and other organizations who are or should be in the FNF/FNA network. This leadership role will be tasked with helping to guide the engagement strategies for other departments.
This role is focused on serving other departments in the organizations by helping them to expand their reach and effectiveness. Through this work, the National Partnerships Director will have unique knowledge of the organizations’ reputation and effectiveness with national stakeholders, and will be responsible for working within the organizations to identify strengths, weaknesses, areas for growth, and strategies to achieve success.
This leadership role will frequently be the first impression for external stakeholders at both organizations and their initial or ongoing point of contact. A successful person in this role will embody the organization's values, act as a thought leader regarding the engagement needs of each department, and understand how to balance the strategic needs of the organizations with stakeholder relationships.
We value diversity at Future Now and Future Now Fund. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
- Develop and implement FNF and FNA’s broader partnerships strategy and plans in coordination with the ED, COO, and relevant departments.
- Participate in strategic planning discussions to assess and advance the organization’s near- and long-term strategy.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization.
- Support other teams by critically thinking about and responding to their strategic planning efforts.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to identify potential national partnerships.
- Leadership to develop and implement short- and long-term relationships, while contributing to a strong, collaborative, and inclusive internal culture.
- Oversight of the day-to-day operations of key Partnerships, including drafting scopes of work/MOUs and working with counsel to finalize, answering partners’ questions, coordinating working calls.
- Development and implementation of Partnerships program, goals, and metrics of success for partnerships.
- Ongoing management of partnership relationships, including within departments.
Program Development & Support
- Work to advance Future Now Fund and Future Now Action as leading voices in their respective landscapes.
- Work with the programs team to set goals and execute plans for communicating the organization’s purpose, successes, and programs to partners, and increase affinity among them for the organizations.
Communications & Marketing
- Participate in communications strategy planning.
- Identify opportunities to advance the “Why States Matter” narrative.
- Support the communications team in creating content for public distribution.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Self-starter with a drive to make things happen: proven track record of excellence and high standards for success.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly collaborative approach.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships and building trust, credibility, and goodwill with a range of stakeholders.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output--the ability to operate simultaneously as an effective tactical and strategic thinker.
- Capable of independently managing time and tasks associated with a fast-paced organization.
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience.
- Ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Passion for Future Now Fund & Future Now Action’s mission.
- Prior experience working with partners to achieve concrete, tangible objectives.
- Existing relationships in the political or policy landscape.
Future Now Fund/Future Now Action offer 75% paid coverage of medical, dental, and vision for individuals and families, unlimited PTO, 15 paid holidays in 2020, a small annual professional development stipend, and paid family leave. The salary for this position is up to $120,000 per year.
This is a full-time exempt position based in Brooklyn, NY. We will consider remote opportunities for remarkable candidates. Once travel is feasible, this role will be expected to travel to DC and gatherings of national groups as needed. Additional evening and weekend hours are occasionally required to fulfill the duties of this position. Relocation is not available for this role.