New York, New York /
Programs - Policy /
About the Orgs
Future Now Fund elects the next generation of America’s state leaders to achieve America’s Goals, a legislative blueprint for our nation’s renewal. Future Now Action helps state lawmakers achieve meaningful results through a policy library with model bills, a national network of peers and experts, cutting-edge state-level research, and personalized support. FNF/FNA offers a fast-paced environment focused on using the best available tools and resources to achieve our mission of building state legislative power to improve Americans’ lives. We encourage you to find out more about the organizations’ values here.
The Fellowship Director will have the opportunity to take ownership of this critical program and bring it to the next level. We are looking for someone with a passion for organizing who thrives on identifying and developing talent in the political context. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Programs.
The Future Now Lawmaker Fellowship seeks to develop the next generation of leading state lawmakers working to improve lives, providing them with the tools and resources necessary to meet the policy and political challenges of the 21st century. Each cohort of 10-15 lawmakers is carefully selected to engage in a year of growth and exploration together—to move beyond what they have done as state lawmakers to what could be possible.
The Fellowship year is comprised of a structured series of salons and workshops under the guidance of skilled facilitators from Future Now and its partners. Future Now Fellows also participate in key roles in Future Now’s national lawmaker initiatives and other policy programs, and after their Fellowship year will be encouraged to continue their relationship with Future Now as Senior Fellows.
In the Fellowship Director role, you will take on relationships with all existing Future Now Fellows, managing their interactions across organizations and ensuring positive experiences. You will plan, oversee, and execute all Fellowship programs. With the Senior Director of Programs and other team members, you will oversee selection of future Fellow cohorts, and plan and lead the expansion of Fellowship programming.
The successful candidate will act as a key part of the organization by strategizing with the larger Policy and Regional teams to identify opportunities for Fellows; collaborating with the Development and Communications teams to communicate about the Fellowship program to donors and the public; and executing efficient and strategic day-to-day program management, including data tracking, event planning, creation of materials, and internal and external communication.
We value diversity at Future Now Fund and Future Now Action. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
- Manage day-to-day relationships and communications with current and future Fellows, Senior Fellows and alumni
- Collaborate across Departments to identify and leverage opportunities for Fellows to participate in organization programming
- Develop knowledge and personal relationship with each Fellow, understanding their needs and interests in their state and nationally in order to inform program design and interactions
Program Management and Execution
- Collaborate with teams to identify and leverage opportunities for Fellows to participate in existing programming
- Develop knowledge of and personal relationships with each Fellow, understanding their needs and interests in their state and nationally in order to inform program design and interactions
- Design, plan, and execute all Fellowship gatherings, both virtual and in-person
- Engage Fellows in Slack and potentially other platforms as a virtual workspace where Fellows can interact with each other and with Future Now
- With the Director of Communications, update and maintain the Fellowship website
- With Director of Research and other team members, co-lead process to identify future Fellows and lead and execute invitation process
- With Senior Director of Programs and other team members, continue to build and iterate on Fellowship program to ensure it continues to provide timely, unique, and compelling content to Fellows
- With Senior Director of Programs and other team members, design and launch the Senior Fellows program for Fellows to join after their Fellowship year
- Passion for the mission
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Belief in a culture of mission first, optimism, commitment to the truth, compassion, and integrity as FNF/FNA realize those through the organizations’ values
- Self-starter with a drive to make things happen: proven track record of program management excellence and high standards for success
- Highly collaborative approachNo job too small mindset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of independently managing time and tasks associated with a fast-paced organization
- Relevant knowledge of campaigns, elected officials, policy and/or the public sector or prior experience is a plus.
Future Now Fund/Future Now Action offer 75% paid coverage of medical, dental, and vision for individuals and families, unlimited PTO, 15 paid holidays in 2020, a small annual professional development stipend, and paid family leave. The salary for this position is up to $85,000 per year.
This is a full-time exempt position based in Brooklyn, NY. We will consider remote opportunities for remarkable candidates. Some travel will be required. Additional evening and weekend hours are occasionally required to fulfill the duties of this position. Relocation is not available for this role.