Project Support – Cybersecurity
FWG Solutions is a rapidly growing systems integrator and premier small business provider of technology services to government and commercial clients. We are a trusted provider of cybersecurity, logistics, advanced engineering and operational support services to the United States Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community and Federal Civilian agencies. We are a quality driven organization that leverages its ISO 20000-1:2011, ISO 27001:2013 and CMMI quality standards, certifications and service delivery expertise to support all of our clients.
FWG has a need for a Security Engineer that possess excellent analytical & innovative skills; and, they are capable of identifying potential customers’ risk to enterprise systems and develop operational and technical solutions that mitigate or eliminate risks. The Candidate will work in an Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) at a US Federal Agency Facility in Washington, DC. that monitors, detects, analyzes, mitigates, and responds to cyber threats and adversarial activity on their Enterprise Information System (EIS). This ESOC may interact with a confederation of component SOC’s around USA. Analysis is conducted in accordance with the Federal Agency’s Intrusion Defense Chain (IDC) methodology. To deliver this service, FWG requires Information Security Professionals with experience managing incidents for the enterprise, ensuring they are properly identified, analyzed, communicated, actioned/defended, investigated and reported.
- This role serves as the Security Engineer position for the SOC program.
- This position is responsible for engineering design, security tools maintenance and development of cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructure.
- Perform security tools maintenance as required. Support multi-disciplined teams in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture.
- Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework.
- Provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends.
- Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering life-cycle and apply the experience to specific cybersecurity initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
- Resolve architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
- An active Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance is required for consideration.
- Minimum of five (5) years of overall experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cyber Security.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field and three (3) years of experience in incident detection and response, system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development.
- SANS: GCWN, GSSP, GISCP, GSSP
- Carnegie Mellon: SEI
- ISC2: CCSP, CISSP, CISSP - ISSEP, ISSAP, CSSLP, SSCP
- Cisco: CCNP, CCIE Security
- EC Council: ENSA, ECSP
- Microsoft: MCSE
- Redhat: RHCA, RHCE
- VMWare: VCA, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
- NetApp: CIS, CIES, CAP, CSA
- DoD 8570: IASAE 1 or 2
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- Experience in DHS, cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement.
- Change management (CRs, CCBs, etc)
- Security architecture development
- Customer requirements identification
- Operations and maintenance
- Performance metrics related to security operations
- Staffing and management responsibilities
- Experience identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on RO
This opportunity offers career development and growth, competitive compensation, and a robust benefits package with 4 Weeks PTO w/ rollover, 11 paid holidays, company paid events and training, 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
FWG holds multiple government contracting vehicles as a Prime Contractor to include: 8(a) Direct Award; HUBZone - Direct Award; GSA IT-70; Army Accent; Army ITES-3S; AFSFC IT BPA.
FWG Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law. FWG welcomes all individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply for our jobs.