Senior VMware Administration/Windows Administration
Cocoa Beach, FL
Project Support – Information Technology
FWG Solutions is a rapidly growing systems integrator and premier small business provider of technology services to government and commercial clients. We are a trusted provider of cybersecurity, logistics, advanced engineering and operational support services to the United States Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community and Federal Civilian agencies. We are a quality driven organization that leverages its ISO 20000-1:2011, ISO 27001:2013 and CMMI quality standards, certifications and service delivery expertise to support all of our clients.
FWG Solutions is seeking a quality Senior VMware Administration/Windows Administration to join our team. This position requires in-depth hands on experience in a team environment where customer focus, cooperation, communication and continual trade-craft improvements are the norm. This position is located in the Patrick Air Force Base, near Cocoa Beach, FL.
- Responsible for all VMware/Windows administration of the Test, Development and Services enclave, in support of all systems in the client’s Network.
- Document and present criteria and specifications for system modification and test the new equipment and specifications Support network tests to validate interoperability of changes on operational network. Address and provide mitigation plan on CCRI findings.
- Provide technical support for VMware vSphere 6.x daily operations and migrations. Ensure ESXi host and VMware software compliance with all current and future DOD and AF policies as they apply to hardware/software configuration and approval requirements throughout the lifecycle of the system/software and meet ICD 503, IC Info Tech Systems Security Risk Management Certification and Accreditation NIST 800-53, certification and accreditation standards.
- Use VMware tools to monitor storage system performance, as well as gather historical records of this performance to create effective storage subsystem performance presentations. This data will be used to present factual statistical data to represent perceived performance issues. Communicate storage subsystem performance to customers identifying real and perceived performance problems.
- Optimize virtualization performance using VMware and Window tools and recommend corrective actions to any real and perceived performance problems. Collaborate with team members to derive a collectively agreed upon course of action while informing the team lead.
- Adjust all performance settings of individual virtualization server, virtualized hosts, software, data replication, snapshots, and backup configurations to optimize virtualization performance.
- Maintain virtualization by the daily monitoring and reporting of any hardware or software faults. Address virtualization reporting by opening internal service tickets and re-mediate faults that are locally fixable. Problem tickets shall be escalated by opening service tickets with appropriate vendor support (vendor’s telephone and field support personnel to resolution). Report virtualization fault trends to the team lead.
- Provide technical support for bare metal and VMware hosted Microsoft Windows servers and VDI. Ensure windows server instances are compliant with all applicable DOD and AF policies with regards to hardware/software configuration and approval requirements, to ensure sustainability and availability throughout the lifecycle of the system/software, and meet current and future DOD and AF policies as they apply to hardware/software configuration and approval requirements throughout the lifecycle of the system/software and meet ICD 503, IC Info Tech Systems Security Risk Management Certification and Accreditation NIST 800-53, certification and accreditation standards.
- Certifications: VMware Certified Professional 6.X-Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.X-DCV) or comparable certification and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) is a minimum certification.
- 5 plus years of experience plus BS degree in relevant field
- Active Top Secret/SCI
This opportunity offers career development and growth, competitive compensation, and a robust benefits package with 4 Weeks PTO w/ rollover, 11 paid holidays, company paid events and training, 401K retirement plan.
FWG holds multiple government contracting vehicles as a Prime Contractor to include: 8(a) Direct Award; HUBZone - Direct Award; GSA IT-70; Army Accent; Army ITES-3S; AFSFC IT BPA.
FWG Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law. FWG welcomes all individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply for our jobs.