Research Specialist IC (Cleared)
Project Support – Intelligence
FWG Solutions is a rapidly growing systems integrator and premier small business provider of technology services to government and commercial clients. We are a trusted provider of cybersecurity, logistics, advanced engineering and operational support services to the United States Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community and Federal Civilian agencies. We are a quality driven organization that leverages its ISO 20000-1:2011, ISO 27001:2013 and CMMI quality standards, certifications and service delivery expertise to support all of our clients.
FWG Solutions is seeking a professional Research Specialist that has a solid understanding of industry research techniques and an understanding of the Intelligence Community. The mission of Search Team is to run queries and do intense research to provide a retrievable copy of document (s) collected or produced by the customer, sometimes referred to as the Document Library. Collections can include a variety of forms including, but not limited to: hard copy, microfilm, and on-line full text data based. This position is the focal point for providing intelligence reporting and reference services to the entire IC. The right candidate must have significant prior customer knowledge and experience and be able to draw on this in order to perform the research, and analyze the results requiring the constant exercise of discretion and judgement to determine applicability.
- Conduct searches and do research, based on customer requests – utilizing prior experience and knowledge to leverage search tools and criteria. Provide results in accordance with customer guidelines.
- Maintain the classified library and archive documents when appropriate.
- Electronically review a subset of newly processed documents, identify potential duplicate documents in the existing document repository. Review document duplicates and record decisions in the customer’s automated system. The customer will provide training in duplicate document detection processing.
- Create memoranda or written reports documenting the results of quality assurance studies and investigations and associated recommendations including remediation.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Strong collaboration and communication
- Willingness to ask questions for clarification
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid ability to navigate and learn new search tools and systems
- High level/experience of technical skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and keep tasks moving
- Be proactive
- Be able to continuously multitask in order to directly meet customer requirements
- Must Be a team player and collaborate with others (contractors, subs and customers)
- Must be able to prioritize competing tasks
Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree highly desired plus two (2) years of experience
- Four (4) years of experience (for a total of six (6) or more years) may be substituted for a degree
- Demonstrated as Highly goal oriented, excellent at time management, attention to detail, thinking outside the box, and ability to work under pressure
- Experience with data calls and quick reaction tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with various management levels, proactive experience and approach to delivering high quality services to all stake holders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level work under limited supervision, be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated experience developing excellent relationships with clients and technical teams.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active TS/SCI Security Clearance with FS polygraph from day one of employment.
This opportunity offers career development and growth, competitive compensation, and a robust benefits package with 4 Weeks PTO w/ rollover, 11 paid holidays, company paid events and training, 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
FWG holds multiple government contracting vehicles as a Prime Contractor to include: 8(a) Direct Award; HUBZone - Direct Award; GSA IT-70; Army Accent; Army ITES-3S; AFSFC IT BPA.
FWG Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law. FWG welcomes all individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply for our jobs.