Computer Vision Research Scientist - Product Experimentation
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
The Damage Analysis Team is the part of the Fyusion Research Department that designs and develops the technology at the core of Fyusion’s products for automated inspection. This team works at the intersection of deep learning and computer vision, providing the best approaches for an objective assessment of a car's condition, both for fixed and mobile imaging solutions.
This role will work with our best-in-class Research, Engineering and Design departments for building test applications, demos and prototypes of possible future products based on requests and use cases from our very own Product department. This is a high-impact role that will enable wide experimentation and will give the opportunity to shape products used millions of times per month and that are revolutionizing the car buying experience.
Here's the day-to-day:
- Understand ideas and requirements from the Product and Design departments and define the best path to bring them to reality based on our technology.
- Develop efficient computer vision and geometry algorithms for multi-view scene understanding applied to car damage analysis.
- Demonstrate robust exploratory/experimental skills.
- Optimize existing and new algorithms for compute and power constrained environments such as smartphones and for distributed computing systems.
- Contribute to the deployment of these algorithms in containerized solutions.
- Work with different teams to combine information from several sources and develop an experience that is better across the board.
- Work as part of a team.
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Fyusion, including designing systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our Design, Engineering, and QA teams.
Here's what we are looking for:
- PhD or Master in Computer Science with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience writing efficient algorithms for 2D and 3D computer vision.
- Experience fast prototyping complex computer vision and machine learning pipelines.
- Experience developing software for real-time scenarios (mobile phones, robots, etc.)
- Experience with multi-camera and/or distributed computing systems.
- C++ proficiency.
- Familiarity with relevant open source libraries such as: OpenCV, Eigen, Boost, LibIGL, OpenGL.
- Experience with Docker or other types of containers.
- Solid understanding of Version Control principles, preferably using Git, Github, and Pull Requests.
- Strong critical thinking and hypothesis testing abilities.
- This position is suited for a wide range of experience levels. If this peaks your interest and you see yourself described here, please do not hesitate to apply!
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with iOS (Objective-C/Swift/XCode) or Android (Java/AndroidStudio) development.
- Experience with parallel programming (CUDA, OpenCL, Metal, etc.)
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Peer reviewed publications in a top tier Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or Robotics conference
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, generous PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
We offer some amazing perks for those working from our SF HQ: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.