Research Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure
San Francisco /
Fyusion is a machine learning & computer vision company that enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D 360 images using their smartphone. Our unique 3D format allows for significant additional functionality that 2D images can’t offer, including: background image effects & automatic damage detection for cars, and an understanding of the human skeleton for tagging products & features in fashion E-commerce. Our investors and customers include large international conglomerates and industry leaders, which puts us in a unique and advantageous position. We have ambitious goals and are looking for new energetic team members to help us reach them together.
The Fyusion Research team is growing and we are looking for a Research Engineer focused on the machine learning space.
Here's the day-to-day:
- Setup training and deployment infrastructure for ML models
- Manage data pipelines for training ML models on data uploaded by Fyusion customers
- Streamline dockerized deployment of trained ML models on cloud services like AWS
- Maintain and implement heavily parallelized computation pipelines
Here's what we are looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or a related field
- Proficient in Python
- Experience doing distributed training using data-parallel in Tensorflow/PyTorch or using distributed training frameworks like Horovod
- Experience creating containerized applications with Docker Swarm or Kubernetes, automating tasks with Bash Scripts or schedulers like Apache Airflow, knowledge of message brokers like RabbitMQ, some form of cluster management or job scheduling tools like SLURM and familiarity with data formats like HDF5, tfrecords
- Familiarity with doing machine learning using cloud computing services like AWS
- Having worked with any of the scalable ML frameworks like TFX, ONNX+Caffe2, Kubeflow etc or data processing frameworks like Apache Spark or Hadoop would be a bonus.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, equity packages, exceptional health, vision and dental benefits, generous PTO plan, company holidays, commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, a pup friendly workplace and the most exciting, the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.