SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
We are looking for a test professional SDET with advanced programming skills who can create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the manual testing process.
In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of Web and Mobile applications and designing automated tests to validate their performance.
To be successful as a SDET, you should have a strong understanding and knowledge of programming languages and test methodologies. You should have great a passion for designing, development, and testing and the ability to upgrade your technical skills within the constantly changing technology sector.
Here's the day to day:
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile (Android and iOS), Web (Backend APIs and Frontend), and Desktop, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports. Handling technical communications and understanding the 3rd party systems and applications.
- Working with deployment teams, coordinating on product designs, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Noting all testing actions you have performed in daily and weekly reports.
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
Here's what we're looking for:
- BS degree or Higher in Computer Science and 5+ years of hands-on core development experience as Software Engineer/SDET.
- Hands-on experience with one or more scripting and/or programming languages and/or tools such as: Python, C, Kotlin / Java, Shell, Postman, BrowserStack... etc
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Web, and Desktop, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Experience with development practices like Unit Testing and test-driven development are a plus.
- Test and Behavior Driven Development (TDD and BDD), Selenium, Cucumber framework, Appium.
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing, and testing REST APIs and SOAP web services with JSON and XML payloads for implementing SOA concepts.
- Experience in build automation with Github / Github Actions, Jenkins, or other continuous integration software.
- Experience working with JIRA or similar ticketing systems software.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures.
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle, and processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
$126,000 - $185,000 a year
The salary rate may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience, job-related skills, and relevant education or training. Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, unlimited PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
We offer some amazing perks for those working from our SF HQ: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.
***PLEASE ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM OUR TEAM MEMBERS WITH A fyusion.com DOMAIN. BEWARE OF SCAMMERS AND PHISHING SCAMS RELATED TO EMPLOYMENT AND IDENTITY THEFT