Head of iOS
San Francisco /
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
Fyusion is looking for a Head of iOS to join our Engineering Team. Your primary focus will be development, improvement and updating of our iOS applications and it’s integration with back-end services. This role will work with our best-in-class Research, Engineering and Product teams for improving and enriching our current solutions, helping scale them to hundreds of physical locations, handling thousands of vehicles per week, and bringing new ideas to reality. This is a high-impact role that will give the opportunity to shape products used millions of times per month and that are revolutionizing the car buying experience.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Enforce strong development practices across the team including mandatory code reviews, technical-debt minimization strategies, clear release procedures, continuous integration, and testing.
- Coordinate with heads of other engineering and support teams (Android, Web, QA, Research/Machine Learning, Customer Success), as well as key stakeholders (Product, Business Development, Executive Team) to ensure the company vision is executed.
- Participate with AGILE methodologies, acting as Scrum Master for the iOS team, as well as team lead for Sprint Planning and Spring Retrospectives.
- Write reliable code at the intersection of Computer Vision/Machine Learning and enterprise software. Interface directly with enterprise customers via onsite and remote communication to clarify product specifications and triage critical issues.
- Manage and mentor five iOS developers to create multiple products for enterprise customers. Supervises: iOS Software Engineer; Sr. iOS Software Engineer; SW Engineer, iOS; Sr. SW Engineer, iOS; Sr. SW Engineer iOS.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or related field of study
- 2 years of experience in Software Engineering, iOS Developer, Product Engineer or related occupation.
- 2 years of Software development
- 2 years of iOS software development
- 2 years of experience with Objective C
- 1 year of experience with Swift
- 2 years of experience with Software architecture
- 2 year of iOS App Store distribution (signing, releasing)
- 2 years of experience with Git
- 2 years of experience with Github
- 2 years of experience with iOS camera capture and image pipelines.
- 1 year of experience with Agile development, Continuous integration and continuous deployment
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, generous PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
We offer some amazing perks for those working from our SF HQ: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.