Software Systems Engineer
San Francisco /
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
The fixed structure data capture engineering team at Fyusion designs and maintains the complex but elegant capture system that drives our car imaging solutions. This team, who provides the raw signal for our leading edge computer vision and machine learning algorithms, is integral to delivering the intelligent imaging products beloved by our customers.
This role will work with our best-in-class research and product teams, taking an active part in designing, developing and maintaining vehicle smart imaging and damage detection systems. As part of this effort, you will prototype, iterate on, deploy, track, and scale our car imaging solution to multiple physical locations, handling thousands of vehicles per week. This is a high-impact role that provides many opportunities for learning and professional development for highly motivated self starters.
Here's what we are looking for:
- A maker at heart. You take pride in your craft: building scalable systems that center the end user. You find joy in watching your creations operate in the real world and you have the drive required to get them there. You have a can-do attitude and are excited to pick up whatever toolset or technology is required for the job. Given this, you carefully consider and articulate tradeoffs when making design decisions.
- 4+ years experience in a software development role
- Solid programming fundamentals: programming paradigms, design patterns, data structures and algorithms, complexity analysis, concurrency.
- Software development best practices: version control (Git), designing and maintaining automated tests, giving and receiving code review, taking an active role in regular release cycles
- Interprocess communication: know how to share data between processes and be able to articulate the tradeoffs involved in IPC related design decisions
- Data modeling and API design: how to make these comprehensive, clear, easy to maintain and expand
Ideally you are proficient with:
- Working with specialized cameras and other imaging sensors
- ROS or similar middleware platform
- Containerization (Docker, containers) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Developing for Linux systems
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, unlimited PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
We offer some amazing perks for those working from our SF HQ: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.