Senior Android Engineer
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
The Android Team at Fyusion is fully remote, working on bringing Fyusion’s unique and market leading technology to Android.
We’re looking for Senior Android engineers who have rich experience and a good understanding of the Android platform, and who are excited to play a core role in working on the next generation features for Fyusion’s Enterprise SDK, which is used to capture thousands of vehicles every single day.
Play a core role in shaping the future of Fyusion’s technology and revolutionizing the car buying experience on Android.
Here's the day-to-day:
- Implement new UI features expanding the user's experience using the Fyusion SDK.
- Optimize existing and new algorithms for a large number of different modern Android smartphones.
- Demonstrate robust exploratory/experimental skills.
- Work with different teams to combine information from several sources and develop an experience that is better across the board.
- Work as part of a global diverse team.
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Fyusion, including designing systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our Design, Engineering, and QA teams.
- Write reliable code at the intersection of Computer Vision / Machine learning and enterprise software.
- Work on expanding our suite of instrumented tests.
Here's what we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in Android development
- Proficient with Kotlin. Prior experience with Java
- Experience with modern Android UI and Application Development
- Android Jetpack / Architecture components, Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience with Android library development and designing maintainable APIs
- Hands-on experience writing unit and integration tests
- Good and effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Enthusiastic individuals passionate about learning new technologies, exploring one of the many new and cutting edge fields - Machine learning, 3D Visualization, etc - the team intersects with under the guise of requirements
- This position is suited for a wide range (Mid-Level - Senior-Level) of experience levels. If this piques your interest and you see yourself described here, please do not hesitate to apply!
Bonus points for:
- Hands-on experience with Compose UI
- Prior experience experience with Kotlin Multiplatform / Native
- Solid understanding of version control principles, preferably using Git, GitHub and Pull Requests
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Experience with latest patterns and libraries from the Android Community
- Coil, Dagger, Retrofit, Dokka, …
- Experience with resource optimization techniques for CPU usage, memory usage, parallelization of work and performance tools.
- Experience with CI/CD and automation tools
- Native Android development with the Android NDK and JNI
- Experience with Android’s native Camera APIs
- Experience with OpenGL
- Open-source contributions
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, unlimited PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
We offer some amazing perks for those working from our SF HQ: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.
***PLEASE ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM OUR TEAM MEMBERS WITH A fyusion.com DOMAIN. BEWARE OF SCAMMERS AND PHISHING SCAMS RELATED TO EMPLOYMENT AND IDENTITY THEFT