San Francisco /
Finance & Accounting /
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
Fyusion is looking for a talented Accounting Manager who will be responsible for a range of responsibilities related to accounting operations and ensuring accurate financial reporting.
What you get to do:
- Month-end and Year-end Close
- Cash Management - monitor cash flow, oversee bank reconciliations, request funding etc.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts, review journal entries, and analyze financial data for anomalies or discrepancies.
- Coordinate and execute the month-end and year-end closing processes to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Financial Reporting
- Prepare and generate the monthly internal and external financial statements, including balance sheet, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness and compliance of financial statements with GAAP.
- Perform quarter-end review and reconciliation of financial statements including various areas.
- Other required reporting
- Intercompany activities
- Respond to inquiries related to account reconciliations and intercompany transactions.
- Aid in audits and compliance efforts by supplying necessary documentation.
- Possess a solid grasp of technical accounting topics such as Revenue, IDS, and Lease, offering guidance as necessary.
- Fulfill additional reporting obligations including property tax, gross receipt tax, and franchise tax.
- Leadership and Team Management
- Manage and lead the accounting team, including assigning tasks, providing guidance, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Oversea areas including AR, AP, Vendor Management/Relations, Payments, Fixed Assets, Bank reconciliation, Cash Flow etc.
- Foster a collaborative and productive work environment within the accounting department.
- Process Improvement
- Continuously evaluate accounting processes and systems to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- System implementation
- Knowledge of industry-specific software and systems (e.g., Xero, AP solutions, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Help implement systems that help with efficiency, monitor and track project progress until completion.
- Collaborate with HR to facilitate employee onboarding and offboarding processes, ensuring accurate payroll setup and termination.
- Oversee the end-to-end payroll process, including collecting, reviewing, and processing employee data, wage adjustments, and deductions.
- Ensure accurate calculation of wages, bonuses, and other compensation components. Validate payroll output to verify accuracy before final processing.
- Stay current with federal, state, and local payroll regulations, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of payroll-related tax returns by our payroll vendor and some in house reporting needed.
- Address and resolve payroll-related inquiries, discrepancies, and issues from employeesReview and resolve any errors of Global Payroll data and invoices from parent company GEO and PEO vendor.
- Tax reporting
- State taxes - use tax, exercise tax, payroll tax
- City taxes - SF property tax, annual business filing
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Education: Bachelor Degree: Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance
- Experience: 5-7yrs: Financial Statement level reporting and analysis
- Ability to operate with honesty, integrity and self-confidence
- Ability to exercise due diligence, identify conflicts of interest and adhere to the rules of professional conduct
- Ability to work in various teams across functional departments and have experience managing direct reports.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail-oriented
- Experience using functions, pivots array, etc. in Excel
- Ability to manage priorities, deadlines and multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience with technical writing footnotes/comments in financial reporting
- Advanced knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Office.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, unlimited PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
We offer some amazing perks for those working from our SF HQ: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.
***PLEASE ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM OUR TEAM MEMBERS WITH A fyusion.com DOMAIN. BEWARE OF SCAMMERS AND PHISHING SCAMS RELATED TO EMPLOYMENT AND IDENTITY THEFT