Research Scientist - Multi-View Machine Learning and Segmentation
San Francisco /
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
The research team at Fyusion develops and applies state of the art algorithms in visualization, 3D reconstruction, SLAM, bundle adjustment, state estimation, and sensor fusion. We are looking for candidates who are excited about solving complex problems at the intersection of classical 3D geometry and Deep Learning. You will have the resources and opportunities to publish your work at major conferences.
Here's the day-to-day:
- Develop novel machine learning and computer vision algorithms for multi-view scene analysis.
- Robust exploratory/experimental skills will be needed. We have the largest multi-view dataset in the industry and are using both single- and multi-view visual data within our algorithms.
- Maintain insight into trends and advances in machine learning.
- Implement and advance models from the research community, including literature surveys and implementing novel techniques from research papers.
- Work with different teams to combine information from several sources and develop an experience that is better across the board.
- Work as part of a team.
- Participating in the engineering life-cycle at Fyusion, including designing systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our design, engineering, and QA teams.
- Publish and present, formally and informally, on behalf of Fyusion.
Here's what we are looking for:
- PhD in Computer Science (or a related field) or 4+ years experience.
- Peer reviewed publications in a top tier Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or Robotics conference preferred.
- Experience with segmentation of RGB data.
- Experience with 3D geometry and/or multi-view data.
- Proficient in Python (Pytorch or Tensorflow).
- Experience in C++ is a plus.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, generous PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
Fyusion is currently allowing employees to work from home during the global pandemic, but we are excited to move into our brand new office in SF soon. We will continue to offer these amazing perks when we are all back in the office: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.