Computer Vision Research Scientist
San Francisco /
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
The Damage Analysis Team is part of the Fyusion Research Department that designs and develops the technology at the core of Fyusion's products for automated inspection. This team works at the intersection of deep learning and computer vision providing the best approaches for an objective assessment of a car's condition, both for fixed and mobile imaging solutions.
This role will work with our best in-class Research, Engineering, and Product teams for improving and enriching our current solutions, helping to scale them to hundreds of physical locations, handling thousands of vehicles per week, and bringing new ideas to reality. This is a high-impact role that will give the opportunity to shape products used millions of times per month that are revolutionizing the car buying experience.
Here's the day-to-day:
- Develop novel computer vision algorithms in mapping, 3D reconstruction, mesh processing, computational geometry and texturing.
- Demonstrate robust exploratory/experimental skills. We have the largest multi-view dataset in the industry and are using both single- and multi-view visual data within our algorithms.
- Optimize algorithms for compute and power constrained environments such as smartphones and novel physical devices consisting of various cameras and sensors.
- Work with the Machine Learning team to combine information from deep neural nets and develop an experience that is better across the board.
- Participating in the engineering life-cycle at Fyusion, including designing systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our design, engineering, and QA teams.
Here's what we are looking for:
- Masters in Computer Science or 4+ years experience, Ideally a PhD with hands on work experience in Computer Vision or post doc experience preferred.
- Peer reviewed publications in a top tier Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or Robotics conference preferred
- Experience with point cloud, 3D reconstruction, 3D geometry, SLAM & bundle adjustment, meshes and texturing
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with using various vision sensors such as cameras, depth cameras and lidars. And sensor fusion across different modalities
- Familiarity of relevant open source libraries such as: OpenCV, Eigen, Libigl, Open3D, Point cloud library (PCL), Computational Geometry Algorithms Library (CGAL), etc.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, generous PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
Fyusion is currently allowing employees to work from home during the global pandemic, but we are excited to move into our brand new office in SF soon. We will continue to offer these amazing perks when we are all back in the office: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.