Research Scientist, Computer Vision
San Francisco /
Fyusion is a machine learning & computer vision company that enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D 360 images using their smartphone. Our unique 3D format allows for significant additional functionality that 2D images can’t offer, including: background image effects & automatic damage detection for cars, and an understanding of the human skeleton for tagging products & features in fashion E-commerce. Our investors and customers include large international conglomerates and industry leaders, which puts us in a unique and advantageous position. We have ambitious goals and are looking for new energetic team members to help us reach them together.
The Computer Vision team at Fyusion develops and applies state of the art algorithms in visualization, 3D reconstruction, SLAM, bundle adjustment, state estimation, and sensor fusion. We combine this with the efforts from our Machine Learning team to deliver an intelligent product which is loved by our customers.
We are looking for candidates who are excited about solving complex problems at the intersection of classical 3D geometry and Deep Learning. You will have the resources and opportunities to publish your work at major conferences.
Here's the day-to-day:
- Develop novel computer vision algorithms in tracking, visual inertial odometry, SLAM, 3D reconstruction and camera calibration
- Optimize algorithms for compute and power constrained environments such as smartphones
- Work with the Machine Learning team to combine information from deep neural nets and develop an experience that is better across the board
- Conduct code reviews
Here's what we are looking for:
- Masters in Computer Science or 4+ years experience
- Peer reviewed publications in a top tier Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or Robotics conference preferred
- Experience with point clouds/reconstruction/3D geometry/SLAM/bundle adjustment
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with using various vision sensors such as cameras, depth cameras and lidars. And sensor fusion using them
- Familiarity of relevant open source libraries such as: Open3D, Point cloud library (PCL), Computational Geometry Algorithms Library (CGAL), etc
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, equity packages, exceptional health, vision and dental benefits, generous PTO plan, company holidays, commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, a pup friendly workplace and the most exciting, the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.