Machine Learning Engineer - Segmentation
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
The Machine Learning team at Fyusion designs, creates and maintains the neural networks that power our intelligent data pipelines. This team is integral to delivering the intelligent imaging products beloved by our customers.
This role will work with our best-in-class research and product teams, taking an active part in improving the performance and accuracy of vehicle damage detection pipelines. As part of this effort, you will prototype, iterate on, deploy, track, optimize and scale our neural networks, handling thousands of images every minute. This is a high-impact role that provides many opportunities for learning and professional development for highly motivated self starters.
Here's the day to day:
- Develop efficient computer vision and machine learning algorithms for multi-view scene understanding applied to car damage analysis.
- Optimize existing and new algorithms for compute and power constrained environments such as smartphones and for distributed computing systems.
- Contribute to the deployment of these algorithms in containerized solutions.
- Demonstrate robust exploratory/experimental skills.
- Work with different teams to combine information from several sources and develop an experience that is better across the board.
- Work as part of a team.
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Fyusion, including designing systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our Design, Engineering, and QA teams.
Here's what we are looking for:
- Master in Computer Science with the focus on Machine Learning or 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong coding abilities.
- Experience building segmentation and classification networks.
- Experience designing and implementing data pipelines.
- Familiarity with relevant open source libraries such as: PyTorch (prefered), Numpy, Jax, TensorFlow, Keras, fastai, OpenCV.
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Solid understanding of Version Control principles (Git)
- Strong critical thinking and hypothesis testing abilities.
- This position is suited for a wide range of experience levels. If this peaks your interest and you see yourself described here, please do not hesitate to apply!
Bonus points for:
- C++ proficiency.
- Classical Computer Vision knowledge and/or experience.
- Peer reviewed publications in a top tier Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or Robotics conference.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, generous PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
We offer some amazing perks for those working from our SF HQ: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.