Damage Detection Machine Learning Engineer
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
The Damage Analysis Team is the part of the Fyusion Research Department that designs and develops the technology at the core of Fyusion’s products for automated inspection. This team works at the intersection of deep learning and computer vision, providing the best approaches for an objective assessment of a car's condition, both for fixed and mobile imaging solutions.
This role will work with our best-in-class Research and Engineering teams for improving and enriching our current solutions for damage detection, and bringing new ideas to reality. This is a high-impact role that will give the opportunity to shape products used millions of times per month and that are revolutionizing the car buying experience.
Here's the day to day:
- Develop computer vision and deep learning algorithms for car damage detection.
- Propose and test hypotheses for each new experiment, document the findings.
- Demonstrate robust exploratory/experimental skills.
- Implement and advance models from the research community, including literature surveys and implementing novel techniques from research papers.
- Optimize existing and new algorithms for compute and power constrained environments such as smartphones and for distributed computing systems.
- Contribute to the deployment of these algorithms in containerized solutions.
- Work as part of a team.
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Fyusion, including designing systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our Product, Engineering, and QA teams.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Master in Computer Science or 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience developing efficient computer vision algorithms/models.
- Python expertise (PyTorch, OpenCV).
- Rapid prototyping experience with Jupyter Lab / Notebooks.
- Proven code profiling and optimization skills.
- Strong critical thinking and hypothesis testing abilities.
- Experience with Docker or other types of containers.
- Solid understanding of Version Control principles, preferably using Git, Github, and Pull Requests.
- This position is suited for a wide range of experience levels. If this peaks your interest and you see yourself described here, please do not hesitate to apply!
Bonus points for:
- C++ experience.
- Experience with multi-camera and/or distributed computing systems.
- Peer reviewed publications in a top tier Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or Robotics conference.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, unlimited PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
We offer some amazing perks for those working from our SF HQ: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.