San Francisco /
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
Fyusion is looking for a talented IT Engineer to join our Web and Infrastructure teams. This role reports to the Infrastructure Lead, but closely collaborates with cross functional teams and has exposure to the whole organization.
Here's what you'll be working on:
- Develop and maintain crucial automation processes, leveraging scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PHP
- Administer and maintain device management frameworks (e.g. Fleetsmith)
- Be responsible for the health and security of our organization: Reviewing and applying security patches, advocating for best practices, proactively monitoring performance, and tuning as needed.
- Manage the hardware and configuration lifecycle for existing employees, and onboard new ones in turn
- Handle email configuration and management, spam filtering, etc. Perform data/information forensics.
- Set up, manage, and protect our office network: identity management, secure VPN systems, SFTP, etc.
- Build supporting documentation: technical and functional requirements, final design and support guides for automation, self-service, compliance, and customization
- Provide technical guidance and support across all teams and organizations
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and evolving technologies relevant to our core business
What we're looking for:
- 2 or more years of experience in an IT or Sys Admin role
- Experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or PHP
- Experience managing Linux servers
- Familiarity with all recent releases of macOS (Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur)
- Knowledge of networking concepts: protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, NAT, etc), secure VPN configuration, SFTP, identity access management, etc.
- Experience with security fundamentals and best practices
- You are available to work on site in our San Francisco Bay Area locations
- Familiarity with DevOps tools: GitHub, Jenkins, Docker
- You are a team player. We 're a close-knit, highly collaborative group, and greatly value transparency and communication
- You are eager to wear multiple hats in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You are passionate about technology. Maintain an open source project? Built your own smart home system one Arduino at a time? Have strong opinions about your favorite Linux distro? Let us know! We're enthusiastic about the changing technological landscape and the many forms of creativity it unlocks. We'd love to share that enthusiasm with you.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, generous PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
Fyusion is currently allowing employees to work from home during the global pandemic, but we are excited to move into our brand new office in SF soon. We will continue to offer these amazing perks when we are all back in the office: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.