Research Scientist - Multi-View Machine Learning
San Francisco /
Fyusion is a machine learning & computer vision company that enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D 360 images using their smartphone. Our unique 3D format allows for significant additional functionality that 2D images can’t offer, including: background image effects & automatic damage detection for cars, and an understanding of the human skeleton for tagging products & features in fashion E-commerce. Our investors and customers include large international conglomerates and industry leaders, which puts us in a unique and advantageous position. We have ambitious goals and are looking for new energetic team members to help us reach them together.
The research team at Fyusion develops and applies state of the art algorithms in visualization, 3D reconstruction, SLAM, bundle adjustment, state estimation, and sensor fusion. We are looking for candidates who are excited about solving complex problems at the intersection of classical 3D geometry and Deep Learning. You will have the resources and opportunities to publish your work at major conferences.
Here's the day-to-day:
- Develop novel machine learning and computer vision algorithms for multi-view scene analysis.
- Demonstrate robust exploratory/experimental skills. We have the largest multi-view dataset in the industry and are using both single- and multi-view visual data within our algorithms
- Maintain insight into trends and advances in machine learning.
- Implement and advance models from the research community, including literature surveys and implementing novel techniques from research papers.
- Work with different teams to combine information from several sources and develop an experience that is better across the board.
- Work as part of a team.
- Participating in the engineering life-cycle at Fyusion, including designing systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our design, engineering, and QA teams.
- Publish and present, formally and informally, on behalf of Fyusion.
Here's what we are looking for:
- PhD in Computer Science (or a related field) or 4+ years experience.
- Peer reviewed publications in a top tier Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or Robotics conference preferred.
- Experience with 3D geometry and/or multi-view data.
- Proficient in Python (Pytorch or Tensorflow).
- Experience in C++ is a plus.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, equity packages, exceptional health, vision and dental benefits, generous PTO plan, company holidays, commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, a pup friendly workplace and the most exciting, the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.