Backend Software Engineer
San Francisco /
Fyusion is a machine learning & computer vision company that enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D 360 images using their smartphone. Our unique 3D format allows for significant additional functionality that 2D images can’t offer, including: background image effects & automatic damage detection for cars, and an understanding of the human skeleton for tagging products & features in fashion E-commerce. Our investors and customers include large international conglomerates and industry leaders, which puts us in a unique and advantageous position. We have ambitious goals and are looking for new energetic team members to help us reach them together.
Fyusion is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our San Francisco SaaS team. Our state of the art distributed SaaS platform already supports 150 Million accesses per month globally and growing. This role reports to the SVP of Web, working collaboratively with other development teams.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Design and Develop key features and enhancements to our SaaS platform supporting multiple products.
- Manage production deployment of features and enhancements into the SaaS platform.
- Write functional
- Customer Engagement.
Here's the day-to-day:
- Design enhancements and new customer-driven features to our AWS distributed SaaS platform.
- Develop code in PHP (php 7.4+)
- Write and optimize queries for databases such as Mysql & ElasticSearch
- Deploy new code into production, using staging and continuous deployment processes.
- Use and continuously improve Fyusion’s DevOps tools and processes to build and test code.
- Be part of a small tight knit team that takes on big challenges
Here's what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years with AWS or similar cloud services
- Knowledge and experience with distributed systems architectures, including load balancing, auto-scaling and inter-server communication.
- Demonstrated experience with PhP and Go development.
- Broad knowledge and experience with database development in Elastic Search and MySql or equivalent databases.
- Experience working with agile development teams and DevOps processes.
- Self-directed and efficient with resources and time, as well as persistent and dependable in meeting deadlines. Good written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus if you have these:
- Experience writing Go-lang
- Broad knowledge and experience with network, security, and privacy architectures for SaaS systems.
- Start-up experience is a plus - you’ll need to have initiative and cunning problem solving skills.
- Experience with image data, computer vision and/or machine learning platforms.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, equity packages, exceptional health, vision and dental benefits, generous PTO plan, company holidays, commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, a pup friendly workplace and the most exciting, the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.