C++ Software Engineer
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
The Computer Vision team at Fyusion develops and applies state of the art algorithms in visualization, 3D reconstruction, SLAM, bundle adjustment, state estimation, and sensor fusion. We combine this with the efforts from our Machine Learning team to deliver an intelligent product which is loved by our customers.
We are looking for C++ software engineers, to solve complex problems and build high quality software that will enable researchers to innovate and iterate quickly, improving the Fyusion end-user experience. We are looking for people who are great at teamwork and also know how to design simple, efficient and testable code. In this role you will be working collaboratively with other members of the research teams as well as our mobile and web teams.
Here’s the day-to-day:
- Work in a fast paced environment developing software in C++
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Fyusion, including designing systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our Design, Engineering, and QA teams
- Brainstorm new ideas and products with a very international, multi-cultural team
Here's what we're looking for:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- +3 years of experience with C++ development
- Good knowledge on C++ build systems and more specifically CMake
- Solid understanding on Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with either:CI and CD pipelines (Github Actions/Jenkins/Travis) OR Containerization ecosystems such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience writing unit tests
- Good knowledge on multithreading and memory management
Bonus points for:
- Good knowledge on agile methodology
- Experience/interest of working with cameras or image data for computer vision applications
- Experience of open-source libraries such as ROS/OpenCV/GTSAM/ceres
- Experience of Android development, Gradle and Android Studio, specifically Android and JNI binding of native code that you develop and support
- Experience of iOS development, Xcode, Objective-C and Swift
- Experience with package managers for C++ such as conan, vcpkg, hunter
- Good knowledge on versioning control and packaging software
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, unlimited PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
We offer some amazing perks for those working from our SF HQ: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.