Software Engineer, Web
San Francisco /
Fyusion is a machine learning & computer vision company that enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D 360 images using their smartphone. Our unique 3D format allows for significant additional functionality that 2D images can’t offer, including: background image effects & automatic damage detection for cars, and an understanding of the human skeleton for tagging products & features in fashion E-commerce. Our investors and customers include large international conglomerates and industry leaders, which puts us in a unique and advantageous position. We have ambitious goals and are looking for new energetic team members to help us reach them together.
Fyusion is looking for a Software Engineer to join our San Francisco SaaS and Web Platform team, responsible for our web viewer that enables viewing of our proprietary 360 degree image format. Our state of the art distributed SaaS platform already supports 150 Million views per month globally and growing. This role reports to the SVP of Web, working collaboratively with other development teams.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Design and develop key features to enhance our web viewer. This viewer supports viewing of our 360 degree image format and related data across web and mobile devices
- Drive optimization of performance and footprint for this critical component
Here's the day-to-day:
- Design enhancements and new customer-driven features to our web viewer
- Drive optimization of upload performance such as file size and memory usage
- Deploy new code into production, using staging and continuous deployment processes
- Drive and participate in agile scrum team processes
- Use and continuously improve Fyusion’s DevOps tools and processes to build and test code.
Here's what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of progressive experience in software development
- 3+ years with web application development
- Knowledge and experience with the Canvas API
- Experience with image data
- Experience working with agile development teams and DevOps processes
- Self-directed and efficient with resources and time, as well as persistent and dependable in meeting deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus if you have these:
- Experience with Docker
- Broad knowledge and experience with network, security, and privacy architectures for SaaS systems
- Start-up experience is a plus - you’ll need to have initiative and cunning problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, navigate ambiguity, and maintain organizational focus in a rapid-growth environment
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, equity packages, exceptional health, vision and dental benefits, generous PTO plan, company holidays, commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, a pup friendly workplace and the most exciting, the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.