Manual QA Test Engineer
San Francisco /
Fyusion is a leading machine learning and computer vision company focused on automotive inspections and related applications. Our patented 3D format enables anyone to capture and display interactive 3D images using their smartphone, and enables significant added functionality with deep visual understanding and machine learning-driven analysis.
Founded in 2014, Fyusion is now part of the Cox Automotive family. Our team includes some of the world's top researchers and developers in light field imaging and AI, continuing to push boundaries and innovate at the highest level from our San Francisco research center.
We are seeking a talented test engineer to design testing procedures for our Mobile and Web applications. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of applications and designing tests to validate their performance. You will also be required to identify and report bugs, install databases, and collaborate with the development teams.
To be successful as a test engineer, you should have a strong understanding of test methodologies, have a keen eye for detail, excellent time management and organizational skills as well as strong communication skills. You should have a passion for designing, development, and testing and the ability to upgrade your technical skills within the constantly changing technology sector.
Here's the day-to-day:
- Develop and execute test plans, file bugs, and communicate with the team about issues, risk, and product quality.
- Work closely with iOS, Android and Web development teams to maintain a high level of quality in the product.
- Work with Support team to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues.
- Participate in the test script/case reviews and provide feedback.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process and procedures.
- Expand our end-to-end test coverage by researching root causes around customer facing incidents and creating customer oriented test scenarios.
- Collaborate with developers, product, design and research engineers and scientists to design testing strategies that make sure that products are thoroughly tested before they are shipped.
Here's what we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Engineering.
- Strong working understanding and implementation practice of agile software development lifecycle, agile methodologies (scrum & kanban) and testing tools.
- Experience with bug reporting/tracking systems. JIRA experience preferred.
- Experience with test management tools. Xray experience preferred.
- Understanding of CI/CD approach and QA effort needed to support.
- Experience with version control systems. Git experience preferred.
- Experience with Appium, XCUITest, Espresso (or similar). UI test automation framework a plus.
- Dedication to quality and a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated; able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them, without external direction.
- Passionate about the field of Quality Assurance and excited to grow and develop a career within QA.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, constantly changing environment and prioritizing work appropriately.
- You are a good person to work with, get along with others, and are able to work effectively in a team.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in Web and Mobile applications testing.
- Experience in SDK integration testing (third party apps).
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration server, Github Actions or similar CI/CD technologies.
Here's what we can offer you:
A competitive compensation, health, vision and dental benefits with premiums paid by Fyusion, generous PTO plan, company holidays (including your birthday), and the chance to be part of a pioneering technology team!
We offer some amazing perks for those working from our SF HQ: commuter benefits, company catered lunches, a fully stocked snack pantry, tons of company off-sites, and a pup friendly workplace.
If you read this job description and saw your name all over this, apply! If you read this, and think that you might need some help hitting all of the points, please apply! We have an entire team who is happy to help and share our knowledge with you.
The benefits do not apply to contract or internship positions.