Chief Financial Officer
Finance – Executive /
Ensure a future for generations to come, one vehicle and one neighborhood at a time. We are at the intersection of the world's most polluting industries. Medium and heavy duty vehicles are only 4% of all vehicles, but emit 30% of transportation emissions. By converting those medium to heavy duty vehicles to electric, we can quickly make a huge impact.
We are currently seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join our team. This is a great opportunity to build a company that is making an impact on the environment. This position will be responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, including the development of the financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. This role reports to our CEO.
Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
● Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
● Lead the organization in capital raises
● Develop financial and tax strategies, specifically at the state and local level
● Manage overall corporate capital requests and budgeting processes
● Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
● Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive leadership team
● Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the leadership team
● Manage the accounting, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
● Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
● Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
● Implement operational best practices
● Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
Oversee the issuance of financial information
● Personally review and approve all financial statements
● Report financial results to the board of directors and management
● Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
● Construct and monitor reliable control systems
● Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
● Partner with General Counsel to ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements and monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
● Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors as well as partnership reporting requirements
● Report risk issues to the executive team and board of directors
● Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
● Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
● Devise strategy and lead negotiations with financing parties for project portfolio, including project debt and monetization of Investment Tax Credits (ITC)
● Manage execution and financial closing process for debt and equity for multiple projects at various stages of development, as well as letters of credit and other facilities, as needed
● Meet with 401K Plan Trustees to monitor Plan performance
What We Look For
● CPA, master’s degree in business administration (MBA), finance or related field
● 10-15 years in a senior financial leadership role, preferably in a start-up environment
● Environmental or energy industry experience a plus
● Experience in both public and corporate accounting
● Subject matter expertise with tax equity and project finance structures / models
● High-level analytical and communication skills.
● Accountability - We do what we say we are going to do. We are accountable to ourselves, each other, and the planet and operate ethically considering all parties involved.
● Transparency - We are committed to honest and open communication and expect the same from others.
● Reliability & Safety - We strive for high quality projects and processes that ensure efficiency, safety, and grid resiliency.
● Collaboration - It is imperative that we listen to and work together with all stakeholders and team members. We partner with both customers and providers holistically.
● Thoughtful Stewardship - We make the best decisions we can for our company, environment, and community with the resources available to us.
● Competitive salary + equity
● Full medical and dental benefits
● 401K Plan
● Paid time off
Gage Zero is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.