X-Lead Instructor, Principal Data Scientist
Practical, industry-based education is hard to access in the exciting and growing field of data science. Galvanize has a tight-knit team of data scientists, educators, and community builders that are creating a pathway onto industry’s most demanding data science teams.
We are growing our data science instructional staff at Galvanize. Our Instructors train technical professionals with programming experience to solve data science problems utilizing innovative educational techniques. We’re looking for passionate educators and practical problem solvers with demonstrated flexibility and curiosity.
Join us in building the world's hub for education in data science and data engineering.
As an Data Science instructor at Galvanize, you will:
- Deliver lectures and tutorials on scientific Python, SQL, probability, statistics (Bayesian and frequentist), machine learning, and data engineering
- Lead day-long “sprints,” maintaining a strong presence in the classroom and managing other instructional staff
- Deftly and patiently field student questions and provide feedback in lectures and office hours
- Build and refine data science curriculum and assignments
- Utilize student feedback and experimentation to continuously improve teaching and assessment methods
- Evaluate new tools, packages, and tutorials for use in the curriculum
- Multiple years of experience in industry in a data scientist or software engineer role
- Master's or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, or mathematics
- Strong understanding in the topics we teach: scientific Python, probability, statistics, SQL, machine learning, data engineering, data visualization, and data at scale
- Outstanding communication skillsMultiple years of experience teaching a quantitative subject preferred