Associate Legal Counsel
San Francisco Bay Area /
Game Closure is on the hunt for an Associate Legal Counsel! We’re the industry leader in messenger games. You may know us from our breakout hit on Facebook Instant Games, EverWing; one of the winners of Facebook’s ‘Games of the Year’ award. We are also known on LINE Quick Games with Battle Cats Galaxy, and we helped launch Snapchat's new game platform with Snake Squad. We're a fast growing global company doing big things, so you'll be working on a wide range of tasks. You will work with top tier employees to make your dent in the mobile universe!
About this Role
At Game Closure, we inspire the world to play. We are seeking an Associate Legal Counsel to help us to scale the company as we pursue an aggressive international M&A strategy. The Associate Legal Counsel will be part of Game Closure’s international operations team, reporting to the CEO and VP of Operations. The position is based in California, but remote candidates will be considered.
As an Associate Legal Counsel, you will draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements such as acquisition, marketing, and service agreements, employment offers and license agreements in close coordination with our business team and external counsel. Additionally you will be the key point of contact for our outside counsel in the United States and Japan, where we have engaged multiple top-tier firms.
You will also provide expert advice with a focus on acquisition, interactive entertainment and consumer protection law as well as those related to publishing, marketing, IP and copyright and general civil matters. You will provide guidance and support on a variety of legal matters and day-to-day legal queries and conduct legal research.
- Qualified lawyer with at least two years of experience in an Associate Legal legal department at a related company or providing services to related companies at a corporate law firm
- Practical experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of contracts
- Professional knowledge with a focus on interactive entertainment and digital commerce laws, consumer protection laws, and particularly the legal frameworks that surround the M&A process
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage a variety of tasks
- Comfort working autonomously and making decisions based on broad directives
- Enjoy working in a passionate and matrixed organization
- Comfortable and adept at supporting a fast-paced, evolving business, balancing legal risk and thinking creatively to propel the business forward and enable smart decisions.
- Japanese language proficiency
- Experience in the mobile game industry
- Strong academic credentials