Art & Design
Game Closure is on the hunt for a Game Artist to work in our Tokyo office, you may know us from our hit games on LINE Quick Games; Battle Cats Galaxy and Fishing Star, to name a few. We're a fast growing global company doing big things, so you'll be working on a wide range of tasks; UI, character design, animation, illustration, and marketing just to name a few. You will work with top tier artists and engineers to make your dent in the mobile universe!
The artist role at Game Closure is pretty unique compared to other companies. We work on a wide variety of projects with varying styles and game mechanics, so you’ll be able to explore different genres and learn new techniques. An ideal candidate can take ownership over a game and do whatever it takes to create games that clearly stand out from the pack, while working closely with their fellow artists, product managers, and engineers to make sure they are aligned with the high standards we strive for.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop beautiful, fun game experiences, and associated marketing and promotional initiatives with creative design.
- Conceptualize and design game environments, characters, and UI.
- Create high quality 2D and isometric 2D vector art using Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Support the Studio Art Lead in the overall vision for the game.
- 2+ years industry experience in mobile, social, or free2play games.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Respond well to artistic direction but get the work done with minimal supervision.
- Manage responsibilities across multiple projects.
- Great concept art skills with an eye for composition and color.
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of Flash is a plus.
- Must be fluent in Japanese and English. Chinese is a big plus!
Desired Qualities & Attributes
- Excellent teamwork skills. Responds well to feedback but gets the work done with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent communication skills; ability to be proactive and assertive in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to understand, internalize, and communicate high-level objectives to team members and reports.
- Ability to iterate quickly and adhere to a production schedule.
- Ability to work within specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director.
- Motivated, driven, and excited about design and game art, particularly casual game art with broad appeal.