Mountain View or San Francisco or Tokyo
Art & Design
Game Closure is on the hunt for a Technical Artist to work in one of our Bay Area locations! We’re the industry leader in messenger games. You may know us from our breakout hit on Facebook Messenger, EverWing; one of the winners of Facebook’s ‘Games of the Year’ award. We are also known on LINE Quick Games with Battle Cats Galaxy, and we helped launch Snapchat's new game platform with Snake Squad. We're a fast growing global company doing big things, so you'll be working on a wide range of tasks; character design, animation, and marketing just to name a few. You will work with top tier artists and engineers to make your dent in the mobile universe!
The Tech Artist role at Game Closure is pretty unique compared to other companies. We work on a wide variety of projects with varying styles and game mechanics. So you’ll be able to explore different genres and learn new techniques. An ideal candidate can take ownership over a game and do whatever it takes to create games that clearly stand out from the pack, while working closely with their fellow artists, product managers, and engineers to make sure they are aligned with the high standards we strive for. There’s a lot of opportunity to grow into a leadership role in this position, so having previous experience in this area is something we look for. Local to San Francisco Bay Area or Tokyo only.
- Support our existing tool exporting from flash that converts library items, vector or bitmap to a format suitable for use on our platform.
- Develop tools that allow animation created in Animate CC to contain dynamic fields and images and event triggers for online delivery.
- Ability to use programs like Flash and Photoshop to do light art editing, and create technical templates for artists to follow.
Desired Qualities & Attributes
- Good to have: A technical artist would be able to take existing assets and animations and assemble the flash file for export.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Responds well to feedback but gets the work done with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent communication skills; ability to be proactive and assertive in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to understand, internalize, and communicate high-level objectives to team members and reports.
- Ability to iterate quickly and adhere to a production schedule.
- Style versatility is a must-have. We work on a range of games whose style can vary from cute and casual to hardcore and realistic.
- Motivated, driven, and excited about design and game art.