Assistant General Manager
As Assistant General Manager, you will be an integral member of the team to manage our hotel. You can be assured that promotion will not be too far away if you want an exciting career in hospitality.
Working closely with the management team, you will be achieving all financial and operational goals. The emphasis is on forward planning and delivering excellent customer service. Ultimately, you will play a crucial role in ensuring a safe and hospitable environment for our guests and staff.
If you are flexible, well organised, possess excellent communication skills, can work on your own initiative as well as motivating others, have a genuine desire to work in the hospitality industry and are looking for a structured career path then apply here today.
- Responsible for ensuring excellent customer satisfaction levels are achieved and property customer satisfaction targets are delivered
- Proactively encourage development and motivation for self and others.
- Support the General Manager with the management and administration of capital expenditure projects.
- Identifying, communicating and actioning all sales leads.
- Keeping the team up to date about departmental, hotel and company activities through daily communications including financial feedback, customer feedback; taking appropriate actions for improvement
- Carrying out interviews and contributing to the recruitment decisions.
- Management of the safety policy and fire register
- Following company control procedures in accordance with the internal audit requirements.
- Awareness of the emergency procedures, full knowledge of the fire manual, ensuring that all staff and supervisors are similarly aware.
- Duty Management shifts as required.
- Experience in hotel operations at line manager level or higher
- Excellent communication, customer service and customer relations skills
- Desire and ability to develop others
- Practical knowledge of principles and processes for delivering excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of driving standards with acute attention to detail; the ability to organise and plan ahead
- Practical knowledge of sound, effective problem solving
- Ability to lead, multi-task and make sound decisions in a fast paced changing environment
- Above average verbal reasoning and numerical skills
- Practical knowledge of people management principals and procedures
- Meals on duty
- Training and Development opportunities
- Discounted accommodation rates for staff members and reduced rate for friends and family
- Food Discount
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service
- Pension Scheme- Contributory Group Personal Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours