Data Science Manager
United States /
Live experiences help make us human, bringing us across today’s social and digital divides to focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that we share - together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for enjoying, discovering, and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web, and desktop supporting events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
We are looking for an organized, data-driven, and curious team player to work cross-functionally across the data, marketing, finance, and operations teams. As a data scientist manager, you will support and inform various functions throughout the company to solve business-critical issues, specifically related to our product, features, etc. You will dive into user behavior data to provide insights which will impact major business decisions and own the maintenance of Gametime’s business intelligence reporting. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to changes within the business and the industry.
What you'll do/own:
- Provide insight into critical business decisions, working closely with the executive team to answer pressing issues
- Analyze user behavior data and funnel metrics, generating recommendations for product and feature improvements
- Manage a team of 5 data scientists across multiple areas of the business to deliver high caliber results and insights
- Help grow and maintain the culture of the organization as we scale
- Leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Influence and build relationships with people across all levels of the organization, internally and externally
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of Data Analyst experience, ideally at a technology company
- 2+ years of Management experience
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with A/B testing
- Ability to identify, analyze, and provide recommendations to complex business decisions
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis and experimentation, and capacity to drive conclusions from the analysis
- Ability to work across disparate data sources to obtain sensible results
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience analyzing user-centric products, preferably in the gaming or marketplace industries
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Some experience with Python or R
- Experience with a data visualization software
What we can offer you:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Diverse Family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Base Salary Range:
- $195,000- $220,000
At Gametime pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.