Senior Manager, FP&A
San Francisco, CA
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that brings us together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for discovering and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 25,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
To oversee finance efforts in support of Gametime’s finance team. This position reports in to the CFO and will work closely with the Customer Experience, Analytics, Accounting and FP&A teams. The candidate will be responsible for leading processes around budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling and reporting. This role offers a unique opportunity to learn more about Gametime and all functions within the business, and partner with the leadership team to drive efficiencies and initiatives that support a fan first experience.
You are a hands-on self-starter with strong Excel, PowerPoint, financial modeling, analytics, and communications skills. You will have experience with high-growth companies and a keen understanding of leading metrics. You must have high integrity and the ability to operate in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you’ll do/own:
- Offer strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities and a collaborative working style.
- Lead the coordination, organization, and execution of finance activities for the gametime team, including budgeting, forecasting, month end close, financial reporting, and business case development
- Act as the initial point of contact for all finance related based inquiries Analyze expenses and make recommend efficiencies for consideration by the Leadership Team
- Demand planning from gross revenue through gross margin in partnership with the Supply and Marketing teams.
- Aligning with and helping drive Customer Experience key initiatives and metrics
- Simplify current reporting/forecasting techniques and providing value add insights and commentary for management and leadership
- Track actuals throughout the month vs. forecast for key KPIs
- Ensure forecasts are aligned with the variable nature of the event landscape - tracking/variance analysis/reforesting throughout the month is essential
- Communicate the risks, opportunities and drivers of forecast variances, internally, in an insightful way to facilitate timely and informed decision making
- Perform ROI analysis for new projects, ideas or initiatives
- Manage the teams’ headcount plans and help guide investment decisions
- Collaborate with all aspects of finance (controllership, FP&A, analytics) throughout the monthly close to ensure accuracy of financials and provide detailed variance analysis
- Provide direct support, including various ad hoc requests to leadership, including the Fan Happiness team, Product & Design, Operations, People Operations, and more
More about you:
- 5+ years of experience in finance/FP&A with progressively increasing responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- An excel guru with extensive familiarity with PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Expert SQL and Visualization skills, including experience querying large, complex data sets on a platform such as Redshift is a plus.
- Experience in a consumer products-oriented industry; gaming, marketplace, entertainment, or e-commerce is preferred.
- Experience with Demand Planning and Category Management a plus
- Experience with a complex financial system is beneficial
- Highly motivated team member who easily cultivates effective relationships with senior executives and staff throughout the company; excellent interpersonal skills and judgement required
- Excellent planning and time management skills; experience in optimizing processes/workflows
- Superb attention to detail
- Passion for understanding and serving the Gametime community
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Microsoft Office
- Data visualization applications.
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive SF Bay Area comp package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- Monthly commuter, cell phone, and Friday lunch subsidies
- Monthly credits for events on Gametime ($1,200/yr)
- New equipment and multi-monitor setup provided
- Company catered lunches (M-Thu)
- Snacks, drinks, company outings