Data Science Intern - Summer '17
San Francisco, CA
Gametime was named "the fastest growing ticket company ever" by Business Insider (link below) and connects communities through a frictionless mobile experience putting the best tickets to live events right in your hand.
We're backed by $33M from Accel, Google Ventures, Evolution Media and owners of the SF Giants, Kings, and 76ers.
The Android Engineer Intern will be an integral part of the development team during the summer of 2017! You'll be a part of the Android team as a whole, Gametime's vision on the Android platform, and be part of major product and technology decisions. You will gain invaluable experience as part of a Gametime team that is expanding fast and shaking up the traditionally low-innovation market of ticket selling. Great perks, location, and people will get you fired up on a daily basis!
- Identify and implement improvements in performance across Gametime including pricing, recommendations, curation, and a wide variety of complex and interesting problems
- Collaborate with a team of machine learning engineers
- Conduct data-mining using new state-of-the-art methods
- Enhance data systems and algorithms for enriching our analytic systems
- Process, clean, and verify data used for analysis
- Building and optimizing classifiers
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms including regressions, decision trees, clustering, and neural networks
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Data-oriented personality with good scripting and/or programming skills
There’s free catered lunch Monday through Thursday, with Friday lunch outside the office reimbursed by the company & you’ll receive monthly credits you can use to purchase tickets to the hottest events.
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join the Gametime.
Download the app and use REDEEM code "GTCAREERS" for $10 on us. Please do this before your interview! :)