Senior Database Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Gametime was named "the fastest growing ticket company ever" and connects communities through a frictionless mobile experience putting the best tickets to live events right in your hand.
We're backed by $33M from Accel, Google Ventures, Evolution Media and owners of the SF Giants, Kings, and 76ers.
If you’re passionate about big data and data-driven engineering, curious about any problem where data can be applied, and love scaling large data sets, we’d love to hear from you! Join us and have a crucial impact on important business decisions. Help us optimize our feeds and pricing so that Gametimers have the best experience anywhere and we generate more togetherness for our world.
- Continually improve the performance, operability, scalability and availability of our large scale distributed database systems handling hundreds of terabytes of data
- Design, build and operate on our big data technologies stack: Kinesis, Redshift, Mongo/MemSQL/VoltDB
- Implement reporting & dashboard systems as well as systems for ad-hoc analysis of Gametime’s performance metrics
- Implement data-intensive stream processing apps hooking back into user facing features
- Plan and participate in software development from inception to completion
- Participate in our rotational 24X7 on-call
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or similar areas or equivalent work experience
- Expert knowledge with MySQL/PostGres, Redis, Redshift, VoltDB or MemSQL, and able to build and optimize complex SQL queries efficiently
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and code design
- Expert knowledge in either Ruby, Python, Go, Java or Scala
- Prior experience working closely with team members to implement database designs and generate regular reports
- Excellent problem solver and communicator
- Demonstrated expertise in managing database systems at scale
- Knowledge of MongoDB a plus
There’s free catered lunch Monday through Thursday, with Friday lunch outside the office reimbursed by the company & you’ll receive monthly credits you can use to purchase tickets to the hottest events.
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join the Gametime.
Download the app and use REDEEM code "GTCAREERS" for $10 on us. Please do this before your interview! :)