San Francisco, CA
Gametime connects communities through frictionless and beautiful mobile applications. We believe communities get closer when people get off the couch and have fun at a live event. Backed by Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Evolution Media Partners, as well as team owners Jeff Mallett (Giants / Whitecaps / Derby FC), Vivek Ranadive (Kings), and David Blitzer (76ers / Devils) we've raised $33mm to date.
Built for iOS and Android, Gametime makes getting into an event as amazing as being there. Inside gametime.co/app we provide high-res panoramic photos from every section, curated listings as we decrease a universe of 5,000 options to the 50 best, with ultra fast two-tap checkout and no printing. With our mobile-only approach, we've reduced a 30-minute process to 30 seconds. After purchase, fans can text tickets to friends or sell (via patent-pending Snap & Sell technology) if they can’t make it. This experience has led to rapid, 300% annual growth. Gametime apps have been featured in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store!
We are looking for a Go Engineer to help us build the next big thing in sports and live entertainment technology!
- Be part of architecting, implementing and scaling our Go infrastructure that reaches thousands of sports and live entertainment fans every day.
- Help us develop algorithms that beat our competitors to market. We use a number of proprietary algorithms for various purposes that we are constantly fine tuning.
- Work closely with our iOS and Android teams to develop a lasting client server protocol that lets us iterate fast and stay ahead of the industry.
- Work with our MongoDB database, Parse and Node to contribute to our customer support software as needed.
- You take pride in building scalable Go applications.
- You have minimum two years engineering experience, at least one working with Go in a professional environment.
- You are self motivated and don't need a lot of direction to be useful.
- You have experience developing and evolving private and/or public APIs.
- Dev Ops experience is a big plus. So is relevant school experience.
New Gametimers join for the community of high-performers (known as the Gameteam). New employees also love the environment as we aspire to build the best place to work in SF ...
We offer market rate salary (even though we’re small) and real equity (meaning you come out way ahead). Everyone here does meaningful work. You won't end up on the "login button team" here, you will be a big part of the most important conversations on the engineering team. There’s free catered lunch Monday through Thursday, with Friday lunch outside the office reimbursed by the company! We offer a robust insurance package including a Kaiser HMO medical plan and Cigna for medical (OAP or HSA), dental, and vision plans (100% coverage for employees!). We also have monthly $75 cell phone reimbursement and $80 commuter benefit. We love going to games and we're right by AT&T Park so (if you're into it) you'll hit a bunch of them with us (and your friends via a $100 monthly credit). Go Giants!
In summary, we're small, well-funded and growing fast. It's an exciting time to join the Gameteam.