Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Gametime connects communities through frictionless and beautiful mobile applications. We believe communities get closer when people get off the couch and have fun at a live event. Backed by Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Evolution Media Partners, as well as team owners Jeff Mallett (Giants / Whitecaps / Derby FC), Vivek Ranadive (Kings), and David Blitzer (76ers / Devils) we've raised $33mm to date.
Built for iOS and Android, Gametime makes getting into an event as amazing as being there. Inside gametime.co/app we provide high-res panoramic photos from every section, curated listings as we decrease a universe of 5,000 options to the 50 best, with ultra fast two-tap checkout and no printing. With our mobile-only approach, we've reduced a 30-minute process to 30 seconds. After purchase, fans can text tickets to friends or sell (via patent-pending Snap & Sell technology) if they can’t make it. This experience has led to rapid, 300% annual growth. Gametime apps have been featured in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store!
You are an engineer that is passionate about creating a robust platform. You think not only about what is valuable for internal development but also about programmatic interfaces to enable customer success. You believe in an "API first" philosophy. You are eager to dig into our platform to improve end-to-end performance.
You will be directly responsible for delivering reliable, high volume mobile/web services. You should also be an internal advocate for an API first philosophy and help drive this on all features through participation in technical reviews and discussion with other engineers. You will also be responsible for building out reusable interfaces to enable customers to extend the Gametime platform, such as pluggable authentication and authorization.
- Be part of architecting, implementing and scaling our Ruby and Go infrastructure that reaches thousands of sports/live entertainment fans every week.
- Help us develop algorithms that beat our competitors to market. We use a number of proprietary algorithms for various purposes that we are constantly fine-tuning.
- Work closely with our iOS and Android teams to develop a lasting client server protocol that lets us iterate fast and stay ahead of the industry.
- Work with our MongoDB database and Node to contribute to our customer support software as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics.
- You have minimum four years engineering experience, at least two working with API’s in a professional environment.
- Battle-proven experience of client-server paradigm and API development.
- Insistence on a consistent and responsive user experience.
- Command of your favorite programming language: Java, Objective C, C++, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
- A passion for sports and/or live entertainment.
New Gametimers join for the community of high-performers (known as the Gameteam). New employees also love the environment as we aspire to build the best place to work in SF ...
We offer market rate salary (even though we’re small) and real equity (meaning you come out way ahead). Everyone here does meaningful work. You won't end up on the "login button team" here, you will be a big part of the most important conversations on the engineering team. There’s free catered lunch Monday through Thursday, with Friday lunch outside the office reimbursed by the company! We offer a robust insurance package including a Kaiser HMO medical plan and Cigna for medical (OAP or HSA), dental, and vision plans (100% coverage for employees!). We also have monthly $75 cell phone reimbursement and $80 commuter benefit. We love going to games and we're right by AT&T Park so (if you're into it) you'll hit a bunch of them with us (and your friends via a $100 monthly credit). Go Giants!
In summary, we're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join the Gameteam.