Senior React Native Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that brings us together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for discovering and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 25,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
Gametime’s Client Engineers work at the intersection of Product Design and Engineering, playing an indispensable, multidisciplinary role in building our award-winning mobile product. We pride ourselves on building a beautiful, functional product that translates to a best in class experience for our customers. You will use your extensive background using React Native to drive our transition to mobile products that are completely based on the framework.
What you'll do/own:
- Make key contributions to our architecture as we rapidly move towards a unified React Native codebase to share across our iOS and Android clients
- Participate in the product development cycle by contributing your mobile expertise from feature inception to development thru to release
- Help define our application architecture and introduce best practices for writing performant, testable, idiomatic code
- Iterate on our existing features with extensive A/B testing on all aspects of our experience, from core functionality to experimental experiences.
Our ideal candidate:
- 4+ years experience in mobile application development
- Experience with building and shipping React Native powered products at scale
- Experience using Redux/MobX frameworks with strong opinions on when and where they should be used
- Android (Java) and/or iOS (Swift) background highly preferred
- Experience building, deploying and monitoring changes to critical user flows without disrupting the customer experience and business
- Experience with architecting and implementing component based UI frameworks and design systems
- Experience working on small, fast-moving teams
- Understanding of CS fundamentals and how they apply in a front-end engineering scope.
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive SF Bay Area comp package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- Monthly commuter, cell phone, and Friday lunch subsidies
- Monthly credits for events on Gametime ($1,200/yr)
- New equipment and multi-monitor setup provided
- Company catered lunches (M-Thu)
- Snacks, drinks, company outings