Senior Web Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Gametime connects communities through frictionless and beautiful mobile applications. We believe communities get closer when people get off the couch and have fun at a live event. Backed by Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Evolution Media Partners, as well as team owners Jeff Mallett (Giants / Whitecaps / Derby FC), Vivek Ranadive (Kings), and David Blitzer (76ers / Devils) we've raised $33mm to date.
Built for iOS and Android, Gametime makes getting into an event as amazing as being there. Inside our app we provide high-res panoramic photos from every section, curated listings as we refine a universe of 5,000 options to the 50 best, with ultra fast two-tap checkout and no printing. With our mobile-only approach, we've reduced a 30-minute process to 30 seconds. After purchase, fans can text tickets to friends or sell (via patent-pending Snap & Sell technology) if they can’t make it. This experience has led to rapid, 300% annual growth. Gametime apps have been featured in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store!
Our team is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for a Senior Web Frontend Engineer to help us grow faster by owning and creating our first web-app. You’ll be working closely with our engineering and product teams to expand the footprint of Gametime onto more screens. You’ll be responsible for creating our web-app from scratch to closely mirror the beauty, speed and experience of the native iOS and Android versions currently available.
- Own/develop a modern, responsive, lightning-fast web app for Gametime from scratch
- Closely mirror the experience of the native apps, and implement new experiences that wows our users on multiple screens (React, Redux and a keen visual eye a plus)
- Optimize app pages for targeted SEO strategiesSelf-directed, self-motivated contributor, able to design and execute their own roadmap rapidly and iteratively
- Guide product releases, code reviews & delegate tasks to more junior team members to ensure performance and timetables are maintained
- Work with multiple integrated backend systems required for Gametime to operate
- Constantly explore new industry technologies and share findings with leadership
- Built a complex consumer-facing, high traffic mobile web applications or mobile friendly single page e-commerce app from the ground up
- Experience with architectural work involving performance optimization, application caching strategies, SQL query optimization, SEO optimization
- Able to be autonomous but collaborative to keep tight company-wide deadlines
- Mentor other developers to grow and be successful
- Can create simple and clean solutions to complex problems, quicklyHave excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
New Gametimers join for the community of high-performers (known as the Gameteam). New employees also love the environment as we aspire to build the best place to work in SF ...
We offer market rate salary (even though we’re small) and real equity (meaning you come out way ahead). Everyone here does meaningful work. There’s free catered lunch Monday through Thursday, with Friday lunch outside the office reimbursed by the company! We offer a robust insurance package including a Kaiser HMO medical plan and Cigna for medical (OAP or HSA), dental, and vision plans (100% coverage for employees!). We also have monthly $75 cell phone reimbursement and $80 commuter benefit. We love going to games and we're right by Powell Street BART station which gives you easy access to a number of bay area events.
In summary, we're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join the Gameteam.