Creative Copywriter (contract)
San Francisco, CA
Gametime connects communities through frictionless and beautiful mobile applications. We believe communities get closer when people get off the couch and have fun at a live event. Backed by Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Evolution Media Partners, as well as team owners Jeff Mallett (Giants / Whitecaps / Derby FC), Vivek Ranadive (Kings), and David Blitzer (76ers / Devils) we've raised $33mm to date.
Built for iOS and Android, Gametime makes getting into an event as amazing as being there. Inside gametime.co/app we provide high-res panoramic photos from every section, curated listings as we decrease a universe of thousands of options to the 50 best, with ultra fast two-tap checkout and no printing. With our mobile-only approach, we've reduced a 30-minute process to 30 seconds. After purchase, fans can text tickets to friends or sell (via patent-pending Snap & Sell technology) if they can’t make it. This experience has led to rapid, 300% annual growth. Gametime apps have been featured in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store!
Gametime is looking to hire someone that will lead our efforts in shaping the voice of the company.
- Create and serve as the “Voice” of Gametime
- Interview customers, suppliers, employees and board members to understand how Gametime fits into their world
- Collaborate with Product and Marketing teams to create and execute strategic content that connects with the Gametime audience
- Develop and redefine the company’s positioning and brand
- Identify areas of opportunity for Gametime to grow its market
- Unify communication efforts amongst all departments
- 3+ years experience in writing and copy for in-app or mobile consumer facing companies
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or some sort of writing focused major
- You’re a self starter. You have the ability to take little direction and present high quality results in a short time frame.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for the live entertainment and familiarity with ticketing
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience working in a start up environment is a big plus
New Gametimers join for the community of high-performers (known as the Gameteam). New employees also love the environment as we aspire to build the best place to work in SF ... Come us build the voice for us!
In summary, we're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join the Gameteam.