San Francisco, CA
Gametime was named "the fastest growing ticket company ever" and connects communities through a frictionless mobile experience putting the best tickets to live events right in your hand.
We're backed by $33M from Accel, Google Ventures, Evolution Media and owners of the SF Giants, Kings, and 76ers.
You are an engineer that is passionate about creating a robust platform. You think not only about what is valuable for internal development but also about programmatic interfaces to enable customer success. You believe in an "API first" philosophy. You are eager to dig into our platform to improve end-to-end performance.
You will be directly responsible for delivering reliable, high volume mobile/web services. You should also be an internal advocate for an API first philosophy and help drive this on all features through participation in technical reviews and discussion with other engineers. You will also be responsible for building out reusable interfaces to enable customers to extend the Gametime platform, such as pluggable authentication and authorization.
- Be part of architecting, implementing and scaling our Ruby and Go infrastructure that reaches thousands of sports/live entertainment fans every week.
- Help us develop algorithms that beat our competitors to market. We use a number of proprietary algorithms for various purposes that we are constantly fine-tuning.
- Work closely with our iOS and Android teams to develop a lasting client server protocol that lets us iterate fast and stay ahead of the industry.
- Work with our MongoDB database and Node to contribute to our customer support software as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics.
- You have minimum four years engineering experience, at least two working with API’s in a professional environment.
- Battle-proven experience of client-server paradigm and API development.
- Insistence on a consistent and responsive user experience.
- Command of your favorite programming language: Java, Objective C, C++, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
- A passion for sports and/or live entertainment.
There’s free catered lunch Monday through Thursday, with Friday lunch outside the office reimbursed by the company & you’ll receive monthly credits you can use to purchase tickets to the hottest events.
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join the Gametime.
Download the app and use REDEEM code "GTCAREERS" for $10 on us. Please do this before your interview! :)