Live experiences help make us human, bringing us across today’s social and digital divides to focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that we share - together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for enjoying, discovering, and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web, and desktop supporting events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
Gametime is looking for a talented Motion Designer to join our best-in-class Creative team. This high-profile position will work with other skilled individual contributors and the Creative Director to develop advertising and marketing collateral from start to finish for various digital channels. This is a remote role and will report to the VP, Creative Director.
What you'll do/own:
- Generate original visual executions and concepts that tell simple concise stories and are both engaging and creatively attractive for marketing/advertising purposes on social media, television, and other digital mediums.
- Deliver inspiring work of the highest quality — working with other Creative Team members, Marketing Team members, 3rd party content creators, and the Creative Director to develop new concepts into reality.
- Work on set with the creative team creating assets, working with talent, and travel at times for shoots.
- Wear many hats and learn while getting your hands dirty as part of a small but mighty in-house production team working across various digital mediums.
- Use a data-driven creative approach & a vigorous testing process to evaluate hypotheses and extract insights on creative execution performance.
- Work closely with both the Creative and Marketing Teams to optimize creative performance and iterate based on testing results.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer experience starting at the very top of the marketing funnel through onboarding with the product.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellence with motion design, vfx, graphic design, typography, image manipulation, and video editing—along with the ability to apply these skills within creative projects across various digital and traditional mediums
- An extremely high personal immersion in creative digital media trends, including a finger on the pulse with regards to social media and content trends.
- A passion for advertising and commercial art.
- The confidence to communicate your ideas and sell them to peers and management, and the resilience to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Being a self-starter who can execute tactically and think strategically while taking initiative to create new strategies and drive process improvements with regards to working with a team of other content creators.
- High attention to detail, you pride yourself on accuracy and find yourself constantly double checking your work.
- A good attitude, willing to put your head down and do whatever it takes to execute, learn, and innovate.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to explain your work and results to Gametime executives as needed.
- Persistence - never afraid to try new things, fail, and then try new strategies and approaches to succeed.
- Self-motivated and focused on executing well; you enjoy being hands-onS
- crappy and resourceful when facing challenges of all typesInterest in the sports/live entertainment space
Education and Experience:
- Education: BA/BS in Motion Design, or related arts degree preferred but not required. Your portfolio and resume show your skills and talent better than any certificate.
- 2-6 years post-collegiate experience in a Motion Designer focused role.
- Experience working with teams and learning from constructive creative direction
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier, and Audition.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.