Senior Backend Engineer
United States /
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that brings us together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for discovering and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events. With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 100,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Gametime and member of the Conversion and Retention Team, you will be part of the team that builds and supports the Gametime App on iOS and Android and our mobile and desktop web applications. You will spec, build, test, review, deploy and monitor code used by millions. We aim to champion a collaborative, fun and inclusive environment where all ideas are welcome.
What you'll do/own:
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Data and Client engineers to ensure product roadmap items are delivered on time.
- Build, test, monitor, and maintain our microservices and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain reliable APIs (both external and internal facing) that support upwards of 500k RPM
- Write high quality code with accompanying tests.
- Support team success via code reviews and actively participate in design discussions.
- Lead impactful projects end-to-end from ideation to production launch.
- Influence Gametime’s technology and team by giving tech talks and promoting engineering best practices.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 6+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Experience in at least one backend server language (e.g. Go, Java, C++, C#, Rust, Ruby, Python)
- 3+ years of experience working with a major cloud platform (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience working with database storage systems, SQL (Postgres, MySQL, etc.) and NoSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB, DynamoDB, Bigtable, Cassandra)
- Experience building high throughput, fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
- Experience working with a fully remote team.
What we offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Diverse Family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Bae Salary Range:
- $175k-$195k Base + Equity
$175,000 - $195,000 a year
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.