San Francisco, CA
Gametime was named "the fastest growing ticket company ever" and connects communities through a frictionless mobile experience putting the best tickets to live events right in your hand.
We're backed by $33M from Accel, Google Ventures, Evolution Media and owners of the SF Giants, Kings, and 76ers.
Gametime is experiencing rapid growth and preparing all designs and systems for platform level scale and seeking a (hands-on) Principal Engineer to lead the our next generation of scalable REST API’s, deployments and continuously services improvements. This role will require an experienced, hands-on leader who possess the technical expertise to provide detailed executions and own these systems at Gametime.
- Must be a hands-on leader who looks to join a startup to be a force multiplier leading teams to be faster, work smarter and do more
- Leadership style is lead-by-example demonstrating technical excellence that engineers aspire to follow.
- You live to improve delivery velocity, product quality, team happiness and constantly look to for new technologies to improve the organization
- 8+ years in application development, systems design, architecture, and development of large scale platform and web applications for high availability, scalable, and fault tolerant e-commerce systems
- Strong problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills with mastery of at least one of the following: Golang, Python, Java, Ruby, or Node.js
- Experienced with all aspects of Amazon Web Services (AWS)Extensive experience designing public and private services using REST based APIs
- Networking proficient, comfortable setting up VPCs, load balancers, subnets, etc.
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms and queries for both SQL and NoSQL
- Excellent communication skills with respect to understanding, documenting, and describing complex technical subjects (reading and creating docs)
- Master’s degree in CS or equivalent industry experience
- As an Architect, you set technical standards and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization
- As a Leader, you work directly with the VP of Engineering to design systems that will scale Gametime’s transaction volume by 20x-50x
- As an Engineer, you spearhead our next generation service design, research and propose new technologies while reducing complexity and cost as we grow
- As a Subject Matter Expert, you influence at all levels – from business strategy down to implementation, providing technical contributions and strategic advice for design, construction, and testing of features
- As a Mentor, you enjoy coaching others to make sure they’re learning, growing and becoming better engineers under your leadership. (Share the love, geek-out)
- As an Data Scientist, you embrace state-of-the-art data capture techniques, transformation, and machine learning to achieve industry leading performance, modeling, prediction & speed
There’s free catered lunch Monday through Thursday, with Friday lunch outside the office reimbursed by the company & you’ll receive monthly credits you can use to purchase tickets to the hottest events.
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join the Gametime.
Download the app and use REDEEM code "GTCAREERS" for $10 on us. Please do this before your interview! :)