Advanced Practice Provider (NP/PA Credential)
Garnet Headquarters /
Mobile Integrated Health /
Full Time - Part Time - Per Diem
About Garnet Healthcare
Garnet Healthcare is a dynamic and innovative multi-disciplinary healthcare delivery company specializing in medical program management, mobile integrated health, emergency medical services, basic and advanced life support interfacility ambulance transport, clinical logistics coordination, and mobile diagnostic testing service lines. Garnet provides services to patients, clients, and community partners in the Vermont and Upstate NY region.
We recognize there is a risk associated in working directly with potentially positive COVID-19 patients. Garnet will provide the necessary PPE to protect our technicians and patients from exposures. We continually work to improve safety protocols for both staﬀ and patients during this rapidly changing environment, however recognition of this risk is required for employment.
Garnet Healthcare oﬀers competitive compensation and a generous company subsidized beneﬁts package including paid time oﬀ, health, dental, and vision insurance at a low cost to employees.
Garnet is hiring Nurse Practitioners and Physician Associates with experience in Acute Care -- ER, Urgent Care, or Internal Medicine -- to join our growing team serving Chittenden County. Our care teams are composed of Advanced Practice Providers and Clinical Care Technicians (EMT/AEMT/Paramedics), and each care team is equipped with everything needed to treat injury and illness through comprehensive health assessments, including diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up, for patients of all ages. Our innovative model allows us to provide comprehensive care in the home, including point of care laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration. We provide whole person care by facilitating timely follow up and care coordination.
- Work as a team with Clinical Care Technician(s) to deliver care in the patient’s home. This involves being a mobile unit and driving in a company vehicle to the place of service.
- Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat complex illnesses.
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor procedures.
- Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based standards of practice.
- Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and ensure accuracy.
- Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Provide education for patients and families on how to treat their acute illness and manage their health and well-being.
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to a patient’s care plan.
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, and other providers/persons involved in the patient’s care.
- Identify and proactively solve problems.
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols, and performance metrics.
- Provide care with compassion, empathy, and cultural competency.
- Maintain positive relationships with partner organizations and other members of the local healthcare ecosystem.
- Attend training sessions and clinical team meetings.
- Always do what’s right for the patient.
- At least 5 years of experience in acute care (ED, UC, Internal Medicine)
- Primary care experience a bonus
- Graduate with an advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Current unrestricted state license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Nationally board certified, current
- Current BLS/ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- Wound Care
- Acute care
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Master's (Required)
- Acute care (ED, UC, Internal Medicine): 5 years (Required)
License / Certification
- Certified Nurse Practitioner (Preferred)
- Physician Assistant License (Preferred)
Conditions of Hire / Employment
· Valid Vermont Driver’s License with clean driving record for previous 3 years
· Must be able to pass a comprehensive State and Federal background check including inquiries into multiple healthcare
and human services agencies:
- VT Agency of Human Services Child Protection Registry
- VT Division of Licensing and Protection Adult Abuse Registry
- List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Oﬃce of the
Inspector General (OIG) and the General Services Administration (GSA)
- VT and NY State Medicaid Fraud
Please submit any questions regarding this position to the Human Resources Generalist & Office Coordinator at email@example.com
Garnet Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Garnet Healthcare does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.