Clinical Customer Service Specialist
Garnet Headquarters /
Mobile Integrated Health /
Full Time - Part Time - Per Diem
Garnet promotes a culture of innovation and collaboration. We believe that healthcare should be patient centered -- philosophically and geographically. By delivering care to patients when and where they need it, we believe we can keep them healthier and happier, and reduce healthcare costs in the process. This is an opportunity to work with a team of people committed to improving health outcomes in our community and making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
We recognize there is a risk associated in working directly with potentially positive COVID-19 patients. Garnet will provide the necessary PPE to protect our technicians and patients from exposures. We continually work to improve safety protocols for both staﬀ and patients during this rapidly changing environment, however recognition of this risk is required for employment.
We are looking for Clinical Customer Service (CCS) specialists to join our growing clinical operations team in Chittenden County. CCS specialists are essential to the success of the Mobile Integrated Health services provided by Garnet. They are the first point of contact with our patients and are responsible for setting a warm, professional tone for their visit.
CCS specialists answer all incoming calls from patients and assist with scheduling telehealth visits with one of our Garnet providers. They are also responsible for assisting providers with care coordination support, patient referrals, and patient follow-up. An CCS specialist is organized and efficient, works well both autonomously and as part of a team, and exhibits great customer service skills. They will communicate effectively with internal and external constituents, multitask seamlessly, have a basic knowledge of health care terminology, and deliver an excellent patient experience. CCS specialists will communicate via phone and electronically with patients and providers and must possess skills and abilities to leverage technology to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- We are currently hiring for 7:00 PM-7:00 AM shifts, with the opportunity to expand to day shifts as our practice grows.
- Conduct all aspects of patient intake; collect demographic information, insurance/cash payment and reason for visit
- Follow triage protocol
- Schedule telehealth visits using Practice Management software
- Notify staff when a patient is ready to be seen
- Coordinate patient care or records with other center locations when necessary
- Answer Telephone calls, records messages for other staff and delivers messages as needed
- Maintain daily logs such as patient counts and daily payment transaction totals
Education & Experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years experience with patient intake or medical billing preferred
- 2+ years experience using electronic health records
- Proficient in MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Demonstrated good judgement, initiative and patient interaction skills
Conditions of Hire / Employment
Valid Vermont Driver’s License with clean driving record for previous 3 years
Must be able to pass a comprehensive State and Federal background check including inquiries into multiple healthcare and human services agencies:
-VT Agency of Human Services Child Protection Registry
-VT Division of Licensing and Protection Adult Abuse Registry
-List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Oﬃce of the
Inspector General (OIG) and the General Services Administration (GSA)
-VT and NY State Medicaid Fraud
Garnet Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Garnet Healthcare does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Principals only. Agency recruiters, please do not contact Garnet management.