Autonomy QA Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA /
Gather AI builds revolutionary software that enables drones to fly autonomously to collect and report warehouse inventory data. It’s never been done before, and there’s no better team for the task--our engineers are experts in their field and approach the work with a mix of technical expertise, creativity, and passion. We’re an early-stage startup, so your work will have a large impact. You will have a lot of responsibility, but also autonomy and flexibility in how you choose to accomplish your goals. You will work closely with our UI/UX team and will have many opportunities to learn about all the technologies used in our products.
As an Autonomy QA Engineer at Gather AI, you will help us build a self-diagnosing autonomy system that will scale our processes across thousands of unique real-life environments for our customers.
Our ideal candidate strives to create highly intuitive and responsive products. You're a fast learner, can contribute from day one, and can bring thoughtful opinions to the table. You have exceptional coding, problem solving, and debugging skills. Most importantly, you are deeply curious and display grit and intellectual integrity.
What You'll Do
- Design and run regression and autonomy tests
- Establish, track, and standardize autonomy metrics to ensure overall quality
- Identify patterns, automate anomaly-finding, and design automatic monitoring systems to determine the health of the robotics stack
- Design and implement testing procedures and infrastructure for both hardware and software to enable automated testing
What You'll Need
- Strong Python coding skills
- Technical flexibility and curiosity to learn new functions
- Comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations
- Experience with programs encompassing mechanical design, requirements analysis, process execution, and evaluation
- Track record of maintaining, implementing, and ensuring exceptional performance and reliability
Nice to Have
- Experience building robotics hardware
- C, C++ language skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation package will include equity
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Very flexible schedule
- Unlimited PTO
Our recruitment process begins with a 15-minute introductory call and is followed by a series of interviews that will focus on engineering technical, design, and management skills. The process concludes with reference and background checks, followed by an offer decision.
We look forward to meeting you!