Pittsburgh, PA /
Gather AI is a supply chain robotics company founded by the PhDs from Carnegie Mellon’s Robotics Institute who created the world’s first provably-safe autonomous helicopter. We have developed an Inventory-as-a -Service platform where fully autonomous drones collect warehouse inventory data at a press of a button.
This is an essential problem to solve as the warehouses we serve have typically misplaced over 10% of their inventory worth $10+ million dollars (seriously!). Their current manual techniques for taking inventory are falling down due the e-commerce boom brought on by COVID, and made worse due to the labor shortage and 70% annual staff turnover. Our drones take inventory 15x faster than humans with over 95% accuracy. We deliver this data through our web dashboard, which acts as a DVR for their warehouse where they run their inventory operation. We are the leader in this new market with proven technology. Our drones are live in a dozen warehouses and have scanned over 150k pallet locations.
We are a pure-software robotics company and our key innovation is the world’s only autonomy and machine learning engine that can solve this problem with commodity hardware in GPS-denied environments. That means we avoid all of the hardware development pitfalls of traditional robotics companies and we can scale 10x faster. The robotics industry is starting to enter its “Google era,” and we are leading the charge.
As an Implementation Engineer, you will be responsible for bringing Gather AI drones and technology to supply chain industry clients. You will lead visits to client sites to automate their inventory management through the use of drones. This role involves preparation for deployments and continued customer support for our customers, including ticket management and issue troubleshooting.
You will coordinate with the Development team to ensure that each drone deployment is smooth and streamlined. The Implementation Engineer indirectly (through the support of contractors) or directly handles every aspect of the implementation including warehouse mapping, drone calibration and testing, documentation, client training, and continued support. In this position, you are the face of the company and you ensure that the client is happy with our product and the support we provide.
What You'll Need
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technician experience
- 3+ years in a customer support environment
- Excellent documentation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of Excel/Google Sheets
- Hands-on building/fabricating experience [cart hardware, drone hardware, machine usage (laser cutter, drills, etc.)]
- Ability to travel ~60% of time including some weekends (valid driver's license)
- COVID-19 vaccination or valid medical exemption
Bonus points for...
- 2+ years with enterprise-grade ticketing systems (eg Jira, Asana, Notion)
- Understanding of Euler angles and vectors in #-D space
- Small team experience
- Drone flying experience
- Forklift certified
- Experience teaching
- Experience managing a team
- Warehouse or Inventory Control Familiarity
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation package will include equity
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Very flexible schedule
- Customized PTO
- Relocation assistance available
If this sounds like a good fit we’d love to meet you. Robotics is the future and we’re leading the charge with our software-only business model. Come help us change the world!