Robotics Systems Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA /
Gather AI builds revolutionary software that enables drones to fly autonomously to collect and report warehouse inventory data. It’s never been done before, and there’s no better team for the task--our engineers are experts in their field and approach the work with a mix of technical expertise, creativity, and passion. We’re an early-stage startup, so your work will have a large impact. You will have a lot of responsibility, but also autonomy and flexibility in how you choose to accomplish your goals. You will work closely with our UI/UX team and will have many opportunities to learn about all the technologies used in our products.
As the Robotics Systems Engineer at Gather AI, you will help our team expand and solidify our set of proprietary path planning algorithms to tackle increasingly complex, varied, and dynamic worlds. You will get to prove the robustness of your algorithms both in simulation and in hardware, across thousands of unique real-life environments of our customers.
Our ideal candidate strives to create highly intuitive and responsive products. You're a fast learner, can contribute from day one, and can bring thoughtful opinions to the table. You have exceptional coding, problem solving, and debugging skills.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement algorithms for advanced robotic perception, navigation, mapping, and planning applications
- Assist with remote debugging and collaborate with deployment engineers to enable successful customer installations
- Engage in peer code reviews.
What You Need
- Experience with robotic systems, integration, debugging and field testing
- Familiarity with motion planning and state estimation algorithms
- Experience with Python & C++
- Experience with ROS and Unix-based environments
- Ability to work across the Robotics Stack as needed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or Robotics
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent work/research experience in a robotics related field (or)
- Experience working with a full autonomy stack
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation package will include equity
- Health/dental/vision insurance premiums covered at 100% for employees, 50% for spouses and dependents
- Short-term, long-term, and ADD insurance covered by Gather AI
- Very flexible schedule, remote OK
- Unlimited PTO
Our recruitment process begins with a 15-minute introductory call, followed by a take-home evaluation and 2 interviews: a technical interview with a live coding exercise, and a systems exercise/culture fit interview with a founder. The process concludes with reference and background checks, followed by an offer decision.
We look forward to meeting you!