Full Stack Software Engineer
Gatik is a team of AV researchers and engineers with domain expertise in AI, robotics and computer vision. Founded by graduates and former researchers from Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute, we are building new concepts & groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles.
With locations in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleet for urban logistics. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast moving execution-oriented team. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
- Work on wide range of applications, from devops tools for our vehicles, to admin and visualization tools for our operations team, to data management and analysis tools to wrangle the large amounts of data we're collecting
- Build 3D visualization applications on the frontier of web technologies, to demonstrate the vehicle's view of the state of the world and the output of our self-driving algorithms
- Architect, build and lead the end-to-end experience for user web applications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field
- Strong C++ and/or Python skills
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience with React / Redux
- Deep understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Experience and comfort working with web frameworks such as Rails/Django
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight
- Experience developing scalable APIs, frameworks and web apps used by many other people
- Experience with network optimization, especially WebSockets, data compression and latency reduction
- Shown ability to build, launch, and iterate on apps quickly
- Experience (and lots of opinions about) constructing front-end applications from scratch
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!