Software Engineer - Full Stack Internship/Co-op
Toronto, ON /
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We are seeking talented full stack engineers to build innovative tools and applications, whether web or native, for our autonomous vehicles. Candidates who will like to join a fast-paced, execution-oriented team please reach out.
- Develop vehicle software and backend infrastructure systems
- Build innovative tools and applications, whether web or native, for our fleet management application
- Build tools to help with the visualization, monitoring, debugging, testing, and optimization of various systems
- Architect, build and lead the end-to-end experience for user web applications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field
- Strong experience writing modern C++ and Python
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience designing and building backend systems
- Experience with web frameworks such as Node.js, Flask, Django etc.
- Experience with databases and cloud infrastructure
- Self-starter with experience working in small and dynamic teams
- Deep understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Experience with network optimization, especially WebSockets, data compression and latency reduction
- Background in networking and real-time communication
- Experience (and lots of opinions about) constructing front-end applications from scratch
- Competitive salaries, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!